The online racing simulator
I bought some good Sennheisers for about AUD $80.00 last year (great bass, very long cord, I use them to mix music too) - unfortunately my PC desk shares a room with the TV so they were necessary - but I'm very glad I did, because when I'm racing I don't bother anyone else plus I don't have to answer the door, the phone, my wife ..
Quote :dunno, I told to mate to buy a pair as good headphones on a tight budget, he loves them to bits, but they weren't a pinch on my Beyer's at the time, which sound muffled compared to my new Grados.... which are less than 10 times the price of the PX100s

I'm not a grado fan at any price Way too sharp to my old ears.
In 20 years of buying HI FI these Cheap little headphones really blew me away, and still do the fidelity of the sound is way beyond its price tag.

I never liked using headphones with LFS , the extra clarity they bring also highlights some of the weakness in the LFS sounds as it stands at the moment.

John
Im going on a vacation (sorry to keep the hijacking of the thread moving along), but I was wondering if the Sehnheiser PX-100's were better than the Sehnheiser PX-200? Cause I kinda need a closed can for the airplane to keep sound out, and I also like bass, but I heard px100's were amazing as well, but are open. I want to compare well broken in cans not new out of the box aswell? Any comments?
Quote from bo-kristiansen :- just be carefull when using headphones.
If you can, then use speakers and subwoofer like I do.

I have tinitus...
..you DONT wanna get a constant ringing tone in your ears like I have.

- I NEVER again have the option of listen to silence.

It really sucks sometimes.

Yea, same here. $5000 sound system in a little tiny Geo Storm at college age. My problem is, I still use headphones and still listen to music loud in the car illepall . We don't always learn from our mistakes, but I DO wear earplugs while on the motorcycle. Something many riders don't do and should.
Quote from mrodgers :Yea, same here. $5000 sound system in a little tiny Geo Storm at college age. My problem is, I still use headphones and still listen to music loud in the car illepall . We don't always learn from our mistakes, but I DO wear earplugs while on the motorcycle. Something many riders don't do and should.

- My tinitus came from making music and performing live music,
back in 1994-2000.
- and being to a LOT of technoparty's at that time also.

I made hardcore/minimal/acid/electro/techno kind of music.

..when the 303 ruled the world.
I would recomend buying a set of Logitech X230's. I have them and they have fantastic sound with lots of BASS.
Quote from steve30x :I would ecomend buying a set of Logitech X230's. I havr#e them and they have fantastic sound with lots of BASS.

...thats exactly what I got

-that bass is awesome. - everything rumbles and vibrates.
Holy crap i done some bad spellings right there hehehehe. (IM Recovering from a day and night of drinking yesterday)
Quote from bo-kristiansen :- just be carefull when using headphones.
If you can, then use speakers and subwoofer like I do.

I have tinitus...
..you DONT wanna get a constant ringing tone in your ears like I have.

- I NEVER again have the option of listen to silence.

It really sucks sometimes.

I have tinitus too but it is from listening to music too loud for years at my home.
I too had to invest in a set of headphones - particularly for late night racing. In my case I went for a cordless set which work fine... & you can crank it up as much as you like
Quote :Sennheisers for about AUD $80.00 last year (great bass, very long cord, I use them to mix music too)

The Sennheiser DJ HD212 Pro by any chance? I got a pair of these at 20 quid below the asking price and they're fantastic. Probably only beaten by Bose tbh.
http://www.h-navi.net/i/hd650.jpg
Yeah, you can call me an audiophile illepall I'm really in love with those phones for almost any type of music.
But I also use them for LFS as I basically use them for anything I do on my computer. Headphones don't disturb parents and/or neighbours and make me happy at the same time

I strongly suggest getting headphones because it gives you all the detail and information at any volume that's convenient to you. It's not that you have to get the most expensive headphones around... simple 5€ earbuds will do if you just use them for racing once in a while.
I Use Logi-Tech wireless phones run through a pioneer VSX_D608 amp and the sound is just off the wall. The BF1 sounds so real, but as stated in other posts...take care of your hearing.keep those DB's on the Minus side.
Those 650s look very appealing. Right now I want to save up for the Bose QuietComfort 2 though.
Quote from TiJay :Those 650s look very appealing.

I'd recommend the 650s hands down to anyone, however this model is not primarily meant for gamers but for "music lovers" (hence the term audiophile)...

Quote from TiJay :Right now I want to save up for the Bose QuietComfort 2 though.

Noooooooooo, please don't! Bose headphones are some of the most overpriced phones for their actual sound value...
I promise that almost any model from a decent headphone manufacturer (even the lower priced Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, AudioTechnica or SOME of Sony models) will outperform those Boses any time...

If you'd like some help as to which headphone might fit your taste best for a given price, I'd be happy to help you out with some of my humble expertise
Supposedly the best headphone forum in the whole web can be found here: www.head-fi.org
There's also many geeks and professionals around there... while some of them have spent tens of thousands of dollars on their "hobby", there are also a few humans with a little common sense left...
haha burnout, you said this the other day. I'd just plug some headphones from my mp3 player in or something. You can't miss the league race.
Genuis! I have some Mp3 headphones

Thnx!!!!!!
Quote from mrbogeyman :hmm.....volume knob goes up AND down...........

This guy is right! lol
Quote from TiJay :The Sennheiser DJ HD212 Pro by any chance? I got a pair of these at 20 quid below the asking price and they're fantastic. Probably only beaten by Bose tbh.

I Have Seinheisser PX200's... They're great and not too expensive off of ebay at around £35 GBP
As a user of "cans" I say go cans - shut the whole world out an just
"Live for Speed"

PS - I use Trust 310's
#46 - Vain
I always look at those Sennh PC-150 or PC-140. Does anyone have a word to spend on them?

Vain
Quote from axus :Noooo!
Stop posting. I'm trying to overtake you in post count here!
(Let's pretend it matters, umkay :razz

I'm affraid that is impossible
tinitus is a problem with headphones. Ive got some sony ones (the first earphones that wrapped behind your head ) ive had them for about 6 or 7 years if not more and they are falling apart but means i can race late at night and not bother anyone (apart from dfp FFB noises haha) Also cable quite short so got extension cable attached but IMO earphones are better as the sound is going straight into your ears like it really would.
Only problem is bf1 on full is very loud ad i feel deaf afterwards lol.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG