The online racing simulator
LFS freezing on new pc
(6 posts, started )
LFS freezing on new pc
Hi Guys

Built my new pc a few weeks ago and ive played a little LFS but tonight i sat down for a bit of hard core racing when this happened to me 4 times.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzd7DOLVHDE

Here are the specs of my pc

Spec...

Case: Nzxt Alpha Case
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9950 2.6ghz overclcoked to 3.0ghz with an atric cooling 64 pro cooler installed
RAM: 8gb OCZ Gold RAM
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD4850 512mb GDDR3 sd clocks running an akasa vortexx neo cooler
HD: 1250gb of storage split between a seagate 250gb and a 1TB samsung
PSU:Corsair HX650 PSU
Monitor:ACER 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Keyboard:Razer Tarantula
Razer Deathadder Mouse
Wheel: Logitech DFP
Headphones: SONY MDR-XD200 headphones
Speakers: Logitech 2.1 system

CPU runs at 30 degree's idle and GPU runs at about 55 under load.

The only thing i can think of it removing my overclock???

A
#2 - amp88
Quote from Ashley Williams :The only thing i can think of it removing my overclock???

Have you stress-tested the PC with the overclock to ensure it's stable?
I run a benchmark on AMD overdrive. But ive now removed the overclock and it hasnt done it since but it did take me 4 attempts to get it to do it for the video.

A
#4 - amp88
Quote from Ashley Williams :I run a benchmark on AMD overdrive. But ive now removed the overclock and it hasnt done it since but it did take me 4 attempts to get it to do it for the video.

A

If you're interested in overclocking you should read about stress testing. There's plenty of information available through Google.
I can't see the error screen, blury. Looks like an unstable pc. stress test stress test stress test. ATI overdrive is not a good stress test. I would recommend "memtest" for your OCZ gold ram stress test ( let it test for 4 hours ) It only stress's your memory. Then run "OCCT" it has options to stress test cpu, gpu with a mix of both cpu & gpu. If it is due to an unstable pc than these 2 programs will help you pin point a hardware issue.
First, i guess its your video linked. Put your vSync on ... may help lol

Other thing is stress test doesnt even give you 80% guarantee about safe overclock (self experience). You can check out your CPU's information on AMD site i guess and look for the normal fsb and then put it back to normal through bios.

LFS freezing on new pc
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG