The online racing simulator
Car mods?? are they allowed?
(30 posts, started )
hi there..

i'm new to this gig and i've been racing for about 3 weeks now.

but i find the standard cars in LFS become a little boring.

so i was wondering, is it allowed and possible to chabge theese cars?

greets Marc
tweak, yes.

vob editing, no.

hope that clarifies things.

edit: you may be interested in playing with the intake restriction and ballast too, they can drastically change a car's behaviour.
oké so it is allowed...

but where can i find these mods?

and i don't mean skins, they don't change the contour of the car, and that what is want.

i'd love to drive a BMW, or even better a DODGE!!
Quote from Marc1100 :oké so it is allowed...

but where can i find these mods?

and i don't mean skins, they don't change the contour of the car, and that what is want.

i'd love to drive a BMW, or even better a DODGE!!

Changes to the cars body, like making a XRT look like a truck is not allowed.

Modified skins are however.
Right, the OP is new to this so he may or may not know about VOBs...

VOB files are the cars model files, which is the body shape, which is not allowed to be changed or edited, however there is a program called LFSTweak that allows you to change BHP, a cars weight, engine size and config (flat 4, v8, whatever you want) plus add a turbo and pther bits as well, which is allowed, but does not work online due to server mismatches.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=50010

^ LFS Tweak - edit your car's performance, this IS allowed, but only works offline.

Editing the 3D model is illegal. Posting screenshots containing a modded car will get you an infraction.

Bored after 3 weeks? This isn't the "gig" for you
rly a lot of ppl plays this game year and even more and i dont see why you should get bored of cars( im sure you havent tryed most of most fun combos)
I'm sorry to kinda hi-jack your topic but...

Why would it be illegal if the devs don't do anything about it...
the devs ban everyone in the forum that uploads a mod... is that nothing?

and the devs of course cant do anything against what ppl are uploading enywhre else in the internet...

btw. they could stop it if they would check the sice of the car files.
Quote from John5200 :the devs ban everyone in the forum that uploads a mod... is that nothing?

Of course it isn't. But does that stop people from using them?
Quote from John5200 :the devs ban everyone in the forum that uploads a mod... is that nothing?

unsanctioned mods... there are certain restrictions that have to be met before they can be posted on the forum...

and the devs of course cant do anything against what ppl are uploading enywhre else in the internet...

btw. they could stop it if they would check the sice of the car files.

i thought about that but would it really work?
For the record, we have yet to ban anyone for posting unauthorised mods. If you continue to ignore the fact we will remove such mods from these forums and PM you about it, you'll likely earn some time off until you get the message.
Quote from tinky winky :Of course it isn't. But does that stop people from using them?

so the devs do something

Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i thought about that but would it really work?

well as far as i know it never changes its size so if they would not load the car if its 1 byte to big or to small it should work

tell me if im wrong
#16 - Myw
Online at: [url="lfs://%7C%5BLTC%5D+Live+To+Cruise%7C0%7CS2%7C/"][LTC] Live To Cruise[/url]

Probably why you're bored. Try racing...
Quote from Myw :Online at: [url="lfs://%7C%5BLTC%5D+Live+To+Cruise%7C0%7CS2%7C/"][LTC] Live To Cruise[/url]

Probably why you're bored. Try racing...

exactly what i thought while reading this tread the first time
LFS should have a checker when it starts up if all the files are correctly, and not modifyed. Race Driver Grid got that.
Quote from John5200 :exactly what i thought while reading this tread the first time

Why? I mean, i have driven ~9000KM's in racingservers and the rest (~33k KM) on a cruiseserver. Why should people get bored of cruiseing? Do people get bored when driving irl on the road @ legal speeds?

Dont see way all "racers" look down on cruisers, its not like we drive around and throw shit at you for being racers...?
Quote from Feffe85 :
Dont see way all "racers" look down on cruisers, its not like we drive around and throw shit at you for being racers...?

Dont know why but most of the ppl who "Trow shit" at cruisers are 17 Yo or bellow, I guess its their immaturity that makes them think that their personal preferences is the best choice for the rest of human population...
The funny thing is most of them would rip your throat if you would dare to insult "Bleach" but they think its nothing wrong to criticize the choices of others.

Also I think that LFS its kinda boring not because of the cars but maps.
Comparing to the other games I played LFS have nothing interesting when it comes to track surroundings.
I mean tracks in LFS are lack of climate very hard its just track and grass with some trees around it.
When compared to GT.IV with all those tracks that run trough cities, green villages, with some remarkable objects that can be seen during the whole race in distance or sunny coasts LFS look like third league or some niche racing club tracks...
Only south city and ferhn bay have something more pleasure for eyes to offer.

And its kinda pity cuz graphic as well as driving model in LFS beat GT.IV with easy, its just not used all the potential that comes with better graphic.
I mean its have the perspective but its just not used and considering the number of developers i am pretty sure it will never be used to the full capabilities.
Quote from Feffe85 :Do people get bored when driving irl on the road @ legal speeds?

well i love crousing irl but crousing in lfs is like driving the hole day in a roundabout. you never see anything new and you are never doing anything interesting

and some servers never change the tracks and they still NEVER see anything new in 2 years. i mean irl there is always something new and srsly 90% of the track are 10 textures over and over again.... ITS BORING

fun sometimes but driving years on the same track = -.-

edit: who is saying im driving legal speed :P
trust me, people cant make proper vob mods... without having developed the vob format...
Quote from tinky winky :Why would it be illegal if the devs don't do anything about it...

I guess they are trying to do something about it but you can't get rid of all the idiots. There will always be some genius who thinks it's "cool" to "hack" the game and post about it somewhere.
@ zeug -
its always all about being in need of reckognition and respect. So thats something you cant possibly avoid. Never.
i know the user that make the "edited" vob files

and post in this forum

ironic, huh?

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG