The online racing simulator
Idea for a Speedway Racing/Drifting mini event...
Would anyone be interested in the below?

Basically, it will be ran like normal motorbike speedway, except with one type of car (e.g : all drivers XRT) There would be 15, 4 lap races on a 1:1 scale speedway, replicating Redcar Speedway (in vids below). Normal time taken for 4 laps - about 52.6 seconds fastest (Ty Proctor, June 4th 2009).

Since it is cars and not motorbikes, handbrake use is allowed, also your brake pedal for normal brakes may be used to avoid crashes/in general (but only a faint hearted person needs normal brakes )

It would only be a mini comp, unless it got so popular to become a full series on different sized speedways and each round changing from car to car (from UF1's to FZ5's - FWD just grip, rwd whatever suited). Also since the lfs dev's never made a dirt paddock like autocross, it means the speedway is on tarmacced autocross or in the bl car park. This means it is faster, and more fun, and also the reason i posted here as basically it is drifting, just on an oval with 3 other drivers packed together.

Heats 1 - 14 would have drivers already set in gates (1 - 4) whereas heat 15 would have teams select drivers to take there 2 spots.

The Main Details :
- 2 teams of 8 meaning theres 16 drivers.
- 4 drivers in each race - 2 from each team
- Drivers are colour coded, one team Red or Blue, the other Yellow or Green (car colour)
- Host (i) decide who goes in each heat up until heat 15
- Heat 15 the team captain chooses his 2 drivers (normally the 2 high scorers)

In A Heat :
- 3 points for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd, 0 for 4th
- Driver Scores are tallied up, as well as overall team scores - which give us our winner at the end
- IF the leading team gets to a lead of 10 points or more, a driver from the other team can become a TACTICAL DRIVER, with a black and white car, this just doubles the points he/she wins in that heat, but you only have 2 tactical drivers per event.

would this interest anyone at all? I know it is a mini comp but for the sake of having to put drivers into heats, a sign up is needed, which i will sort out on the EDC forum.

what i may do, is let 16 people sign up, then split drivers into 2 teams of 8 as not many teams have 8 active members, so its just to do what is best.

tell me your opinion please, would you sign up and take part?

thanks,
Callum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmP6tZdZh1Q
I'd have a go mate

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG