The online racing simulator
Throttle Acting Funny @ SO6 FO8
(17 posts, started )
I have just been trying out the Live for G15 application in single player, I was messing about in all the cars. I jumped into the FO8 and I found the throttle was acting really strange.

It would cut out like I have run out of fuel, then just cut back in again. It repeats this 3 or 4 times before going back to normal. It only happens on the the "highway" too. As soon as I join the "slip road" it starts, then it ends when I leave the Highway.

I haven't tried it in any other cars.

I also have a replay. Please excuse my driving, my G25 wasn't plugged in so I was using a mouse.
Attached files
funnythrottle.spr - 90 KB - 353 views
Holy crap that is weird. When you do a testdrive, the same thing happens just as you try to shift from 5th to 6th (which is what I guess LFS tries to do, you drive with auto gears, no?), but only when you're on the highway part.

E: Please attach the setup you used, too. I just tried the same again without the "testdrive" option and I couldn't reproduce it.

E2: No, it doesn't only happen on the highway part, the 5th -> 6th gearshift is even screwed up on any other road.

E3: It is as if the gearbox cuts the ignition to shift, but it cannot engage 6th for whatever reason. When you lift the throttle the shifts seem to work properly, or you can wait with the cut ignition long enough till the wind slowed you down to a point (where the gearbox is unloaded??, which it should be anyway, as it's cutting the ignition) so it can shift into 6th. Something is very fishy here.
Check me out finding a bug

The set I used is attached for future reference.

After what you said, it does seem like more of a gearbox problem. I guess it wouldnt happen with manual. Like I said, I was using auto gears as I was using my mouse and they are auto set to auto. When I use my '25, I use manual gears and clutch.
Attached files
FO8_dan.set - 132 B - 824 views
#4 - ajp71
Definatley gearbox related guess for some reason it needs a larger cut in power to remove the load across the gearbox, lifting results in proper changes. Your gearing is far too short though.
** Best answer **
Yea I know I was hitting the rev limiter about 1/4 of the way down the back straight. Like I said, I was only messing about trying to get Live For G15 to work.
happens for me aswell when i do test drive wont let me shift into 6th at all
Odd. I have no problem shifting into 6th...

I wish Scawen was here
Wow wtf?. I done 'Test drive' with the replay and the cut outs are realy freaky...it happens on the track in other place's too, but only breifly
I thought I was the only one having shifting problems in the F08. I use manual shifting with a shifting paddle on the wheel because I have no clutch pedal. So I have to click the paddle several times to force it to shift.
Sorry for the massive bump..
I'm sorry for the massive bump but this afternoon I was driving the F08 around Aston and I experianced the same thing.. I was just using the Race_S setup but with 25% air intake restriction. The car didn't want to shift up from 4th anymore..

As posts above say it's a set-up issue, but a standard unmodified Race_S setup also does this so that makes me think it's not setup specific. Wich would make it some kind of bug?
It's the intake restriction that causes it.
Quote from Falcon140 :It's the intake restriction that causes it.

Not necessarily. I sometimes also get it in the FOX without any restrictions. I try to shift up 1 or 2 (sometimes even 3) times and it cuts the ignition, but doesn´t change up.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Not necessarily. I sometimes also get it in the FOX without any restrictions. I try to shift up 1 or 2 (sometimes even 3) times and it cuts the ignition, but doesn´t change up.

I get this sometimes, and I always thought it was I don't quite pull the shift paddle hard enough. However, surely its a button and therefore is either on or off?
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko : My internet failed.
Quote from J@tko :I get this sometimes, and I always thought it was I don't quite pull the shift paddle hard enough. However, surely its a button and therefore is either on or off?

I tried it pressing the paddles really hard and not just with the paddles also with other buttons and it didn´t change it. So it has to be a bug in LFS I guess.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I tried it pressing the paddles really hard and not just with the paddles also with other buttons and it didn´t change it. So it has to be a bug in LFS I guess.

I'd agree - it usually shifts when i pull lightly, I just happen to notice when it doesn't
Happens to me too sometimes but i thought and still think that when i pressed the paddle i pressed so quick that it didn't complete the shift but if i press the paddle nice and relaxed it seems to work.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Not necessarily. I sometimes also get it in the FOX without any restrictions. I try to shift up 1 or 2 (sometimes even 3) times and it cuts the ignition, but doesn´t change up.

i ve that problem too but most of the time when i try to shift into the 6th gear

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG