The online racing simulator
#1 - pik_d
Skins not loading until I Pit/Spectate
This seems to be happening more often lately. At the end of a race I'll tab around to see what others are doing and some of them will have white cars. I'll spectate or pit and then I can see everyone fine.

Is there a setting that I've accidentally switched on/off that does this or is something wrong? I'm running Z15 on WinXP and the same computer I've had for the last 2 years.
It's supposed to happen. When the game renders skins you get a slight pause/fps drop that was quite dangerous during races. So now LFS only renders skins when you've been stationary for 30 secs or spectated or pitted.
He is not the only one with this problem. I also have the same issue. I can sit stationary on the track for the entire race and their skin will not load but the moment I spectate I can see the skin.
#4 - pik_d
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It's supposed to happen. When the game renders skins you get a slight pause/fps drop that was quite dangerous during races. So now LFS only renders skins when you've been stationary for 30 secs or spectated or pitted.

I get those slight pauses/fps drops anyway when new people join the race.
#5 - amp88
Quote from pik_d :I get those slight pauses/fps drops anyway when new people join the race.

Yeah, but it's better now than it was before. I still occasionally get a little bit of new player lag but it's not as bad or as frequent as it used to be. There's a thread about it here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG