The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Win streak up to....13!
Quote from Rappa Z :Win streak up to....13!

Try winning against the AI on the hardest setting, they have much better trucks and tend to be a bit dirty, but it's probably a bit harder than it is online. I should really try to do the trailblazer event online, but I suspect the main challenge will be dodging wrecked cars.
more like dodging barrels they hit and leave in the middle of the road
Trailblazing online is all about how many corners you can cut. As long as the massive rocks aren't there the undriven land is perfectly smooth.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Try winning against the AI on the hardest setting, they have much better trucks and tend to be a bit dirty, but it's probably a bit harder than it is online. I should really try to do the trailblazer event online, but I suspect the main challenge will be dodging wrecked cars.

yeah, but ive won the hardcore trailblazer couple times, after few hours of just repeating the track and seeing how many corners i can cut(AIs also have the dency to do that...)
Quote from Rappa Z :Trailblazing online is all about how many corners you can cut.

Hey, can't complain when their official time trial demo video is about EXACTLY THAT.
Quote from Rappa Z :Trailblazing online is all about how many corners you can cut. As long as the massive rocks aren't there the undriven land is perfectly smooth.

I tried that today. Some went well, others didn't. But what really annoyed me is I was first, and near the finish there are these huge rocks behind bushes. I thought you could drive over them, but no. SPLAT! I suddenly stop, loose a few body parts, and lost my lead. At least other people online can't see your damage.
That's one thing I like, at least the AI drivers cut the track, and to be fair it's done in rallying all the time, but as people have said it's normally not so easy. I'm guessing that most of the stages won't be like that, and they just put a nice easy one in for the demo.
demo was relesed to us errr... a short while ago...
Quote from chavm481 :demo was relesed to us errr... a short while ago...

yeah but for xbox. im waiting for the pc demo
IGN Review! I'll read it when I get back, but that is a very promising score!
IGN lost all their credibility when they gave DiRT an 8.4 score.
Yeah, I too think that a game review site loses it's credibility if it doesn't value a game strictly for its realism...

Dirt was a good game. Not a sim, by any means, and I do think it's bad that it was marketed as one and people outside of the sim genre believed it, but still, it wasn't bad.
Liked Colin 4 and 5, missed Dirt, liked Grid.

Dirt 2 looks to be better than all of these. C'mon PC version!
Hooked up my Fanatec wheel to the PS3 and tried the demo with it. It does feel pretty ace if I am honest. There's much less of that horrible steering lag that all previous codemaster racing games have. It's also compatible with the H-shifter. It is a lot of fun. Will certainly be looking to buy this. It is not up to RBR standard in physics, but it is certainly not bad. The car feels fun to drive. It's not stupidly arcade like the original Dirt. It is very good fun.

I just wish that they would keep the focus on Rally rather than the X-games. I want to see Seb Loeb, not a ****ing BMX rider behind the wheel.
Quote from Gills4life :
I just wish that they would keep the focus on Rally rather than the X-games. I want to see Seb Loeb, not a ****ing BMX rider behind the wheel.

I would take Ricky Bobby over Jean Girard every single time.
I clicked the video and the advertisement was some GTA Episodes From Liberty City with some guy runny around in underware
Played Dirt 2... at least feels pretty good, even with a controller.

Definetaly am going to get...
should i record my playing on xbox and upload it for you
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :Played Dirt 2... at least feels pretty good, even with a controller.

Definetaly am going to get...

umm grid feels quite good with a controller too but i cant play it on my g25. love the graphics but lmao i can only play lfs with my wheel :/
Attached images
ollie.jpg
My copy has arrived, not played it yet but I will do after work. Good old play.com, always sending me stuff early.

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG