The online racing simulator
Packetloss...
(27 posts, started )
Cheebs, did you correct that fault calibration you refer at (which I suppose appears when you plug your pad after the game started) from inside the game or out of it at windows level? eg joypad's profiler or joypad's propperties? Try to correct decalibration from game's setup if possible because if you go out to windows for calibration the problem will appear again same as you start the game with pad connected. At least that happend to me.

@Skurjz : The explanation you give is the more logical, taking account the symptoms but what makes me sceptical about it too, is the fact that cheebs doesn't has usb modem and I have problem only with LFS. I am not a computer technician but I suppose if it was a hardware conflict I should have problem in general and not only with LFS.
My opinion is that something goes wrong with LFS's code for online play and some usb controlers (Logitech till now as no other models is reported yet).I hope a developer see this thread and make some invastigation about the problem (wishes?)
My sleep was already set to 1ms, i changed it to 2 and no difference, not tried the rest of the values yet.

Quote from Anton-GR :Cheebs, did you correct that fault calibration you refer at (which I suppose appears when you plug your pad after the game started) from inside the game or out of it at windows level? eg joypad's profiler or joypad's propperties? Try to correct decalibration from game's setup if possible because if you go out to windows for calibration the problem will appear again same as you start the game with pad connected. At least that happend to me.

Yes i used the game to correct the fault. It was strangely stubborn though The usual recallibration button didnt work at first, then it seemed to fix itself... Again, LFS is the only time ive seen these kinds of problems and im confident that the pad has no problems of its own in that respect.

Quote from Anton-GR : @Skurjz : The explanation you give is the more logical, taking account the symptoms but what makes me sceptical about it too, is the fact that cheebs doesn't has usb modem and I have problem only with LFS. I am not a computer technician but I suppose if it was a hardware conflict I should have problem in general and not only with LFS.
My opinion is that something goes wrong with LFS's code for online play and some usb controlers (Logitech till now as no other models is reported yet).I hope a developer see this thread and make some invastigation about the problem (wishes?)

I have been building PCs for several years. IRQ ocnflicts are not a new concept to me. I can catagorically say that its not a hardware confilct in my case. Since your symptoms are the same i am reasonably confident that yours arent either. Skurjz's thoughts are reasonable, but i have never seen a USB modem suffer with random packet loss. There were probelms with USB modems and Via chipset USB controllers (they used to crap out with the constant data transfer and the modem would die until a reboot), but we are going back about 4 years since that was commonplace...

As i mentioned in an earlier post i have a MOMO here. Its noises annoy the missus, but ill give it a go when it wont annoy to her to see if anything happens.

Packetloss...
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG