The online racing simulator
*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
#151 - Woz
Only way to solve this and stop it turning into a support nightmare is to charge for name changes. Something like 5-6ukp per name change will stop floods of requests and generate income for the devs to cover costs.

Bottom line though is that people should just learn to pick a name they are happy to live with in the first place and take responsibility for their actions
i am really bad with code and do not know a thing...so i am going to say something and just bare with me...can there be a code that only lets accounts change their names once or twice, and they just change their name click accept and it takes care of everything

so the devs or mods dont have to even know you are doing it
plz close it..

...or I´ll spam
Quote from VoiD :plz close it..

...or I´ll spam

*gasps*

please void...you dont wanna do that...you have much more to live for
<?
$this->thread = $epic['fail'];
$lock++;
?>

It would make it too easy for banned people/hackers to restart and just act like they never did anything wrong or give them another chance at doing whatever they do best

No for me.
No name change :hihi::yel::smash3d:
Enough with the gases , no more ghosts :ghostie:
Signed
I think its a good idea to allow users change their nick.
I am pretty satisfy with mine but there are users that would like to change theirs nicknames because their get bored with their current, they weren't serious about LFS when they make a account, their personality changes or they simply grow up.

Posts like
Quote from VoiD :plz close it..

...or I´ll spam

Are pure idiotism.
As well as this one
Quote from teedot :
<?
$User->thread = $epic['fail'];
$lock++;
?>

Dont like, dont sign is it simple?
Otherwise you will leave you open to counterarguments like this one
<?
$User->teedot = $epic['idiot'];
$ban++;
?>

This is the level of discussion you get used for, right?

Anyway there is plenty of games that allow such a change.
Just don't tell me that LFS User registration system or ban lists made different than in other games I know that but most of ppl who speak bout theoretical problem with nick change dont really know how its works either.

So lets this thread be and lets Devs decide either its something that is possible to do or not.

PS. Uncritical Fanboyism will kill the LFS faster that the competition.
Quote from logitekg25 :i am really bad with code and do not know a thing...so i am going to say something and just bare with me...

..which is a bit like saying "I'm not very good with math, so bare with me.. let's petition for pi to just equal 3, instead of 3.14159.. then it'd be much easier to work with."

Starting a petition about something you don't understand is just silly. It's already been made clear how deep the ramifications would be if this were possible, but you insist on being overly simplistic. Just accept that some things don't become simple just because people want them to be.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :...
This is the level of discussion you get used for, right?

Can´t see any discussion, sorry...
Signed
signed
Changing names once or twice wont work, cause people are stupid and will no doubt give themselves a stupid name only to find it was their last change, which will lead to a LOT more complaining.

Changing names just once wont work since its still the very same people who gave themselves stupid names they now regret in the first place that will be picking the new one.

And changing names as many times as you want will lead to the banning and hacking issue as explained earlier.

You picked the name. live with it.
ahh SamH, good analogy, I racked my brain for a while for something as good as that.
You have also got to think about servers that are using a 3rd-party modification (via the insim protocol!).

The uniqiue ID that these applications obtain from LFS is the username, if you were to change your username you would lose all of your stats/information on the server modifictionations, too!

(unless LFS updated to uniqueID rather than username on bans, and had the uniqueID within the NCN packet)
signed

I don't like my name too and I would like change it.
Quote from VoiD :

+1, cant a dev just get around to view this thread and post a big NO?
Quote from Feffe85 :..cant a dev just get around to view this thread and post a big NO?

+1
They've said it hundreds of times before, to individuals when they email, and also I remember Vic saying it on the open forum. They're probably SICK of saying it.

If anyone needs to hear it from a dev, then you can take my word for it that a dev has definitely said it. NO.
Yep...

+1

PS:

This thread is closed

*petition for [LFS] name changing*
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG