The online racing simulator
22" or 24" which way to go..?
(25 posts, started )
Had my eyes set on this monitor..
http://www.2u.lv/lat/e-shop/10 ... mode_TCO06_Black.421.html

But then I wondered about the max resolution, so basically I'm sure I can't really afford the non tn panels. So what better to get a 1680 x 1050 22*
or better to get some 24* with 1920 X 1200 ?

And got some 22 and 24 monitor recommendations ? I typed in google , and all I got was dell and asus ;p and samsung with too much extras.

Thanks for the help..
I'd say a 24"and 1920x1200. Just because it's bigger, and higher resolution. I think the 24" looks better, But you do need a proper graphics card for such a high resolution though.
#3 - G!NhO
In case of monitors bigger IS better.
Yeah, you really need more graphics power...

I for myself have a 26" TFT with 1920 x 1200 and you really notice a performance hit. FYI - The graphics cars is a ATI 3870
Quote from G!NhO :In case of monitors bigger IS better.

Not when you sit 30CM away from it and you have a 50"screen. I like my 26, I might go for 30 @ 2560x1600, but really not bigger!
you should really go for something smaller thats not a tn instead
also if you cant afford a va or ips panel im guessing your pc isnt top of the line either and wont be able to achieve comfortable framerates at either 1600 or 1900 (in any game that isnt lfs)
Well I'm currently on a 17inch crt... err.. current graphics card is a 512mb 8600gt smthing asus.. But I was thinking maybe of upgrading to something faster, other parts are ok.. E8400 .. + 2x1gb 800mhz ram.
Well in Latvia atleast, how far I searched the non tn panels start quite expensive...
Btw, I once stumbled upon a site, which lets you enter model .. and search for what panel it has, anyone know that site ?
Someone recommended me a 26inch TN panel.. : > VA2616W 26" this one, can't seem the pros much. Anyhow I understood right, the bigger TN panel, the worse it is ?
and my budget would be 200LVL = 285EUR... well ok max 300Eur i was looking for a monitor, but reading the internet does not help, so many people and so many opinions. But I just want to upgrade from my 17 CRT to a bigger, but nothing huge monitor, with not horrid quality.
hm apparently theres a new dell monitor the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA with a 22" ips panel that can be calibrated to reproduce srgb colours almost perfectly
best of all (at least in german shops dunno about latvia) it fits your budget at around 290€
If you can spend close to 300euros then I think that Dell 2209WA is a secure choice. (be careful 2209WA has a eIPS panel, 2209W has a TN panel)

Have a look at digital versus. Its a really nice site for reviews in general. Their monitor tests are short on words but produce some clear- "easy to understand and judge by your own" results.
eg http://www.digitalversus.com/article-358-4862-88.html

on the other hand I am going for the Iiyama prolite B2206WS.
http://www.digitalversus.com/article-358-5093-50.html
It is as good as a TN panel can get and close to my ~200 euros budget.

Spend some time in the "Products Face-Offs" -> screens section. You will find even more detailed info there about many tft's

And trust me... monitors have almost nothing to do with brands... any brand produces from time to time some bad and some good monitors. You have to look for specific models and types.
I'll go through that review site thoroughly
but I can't seem to find that Dell model in any LV store :/ otherwise it seems really good.
i have samsung syncmaster 2443BW i like this its 24" 1920*1200 but need hard pc to play in crysis or farcry
Btw, im confused too. I want 24" for being more future proof but they cost too much. 22" with 1920x1080 res looks sharp and nice but ... i dont know, anyways i got time
Don't spend your money on large TN panels.
As they grow larger and larger, the sily viewing angle problem gets more and more profound...
It is so obvius that even moving your head a few cm up-down, makes an annoying difference in colour gamma.
Quote from kaynd :Don't spend your money on large TN panels.
As they grow larger and larger, the sily viewing angle problem gets more and more profound...
It is so obvius that even moving your head a few cm up-down, makes an annoying difference in colour gamma.

Ill take your advice, thanks

Anyways, i got time so when i make somekinda desicion then ill post it here to be sure that im not "doing it wrong" XD
I got an LG W2261V

22"
1920*1080
VGA+DVI+HDMI
I dont resally have problems with changing colours but i think that differs from person to person.

This monitor only cost me 179euros and it has gotten several awards in some reviews.
Quote from Gaiajohan :I got an LG W2261V

22"
1920*1080
VGA+DVI+HDMI
I dont resally have problems with changing colours but i think that differs from person to person.

This monitor only cost me 179euros and it has gotten several awards in some reviews.

I have the identical LG W2261V screen, its simply brilliant in many ways.
The only caution for HD screens (1080p) on 22'', its a smaller pitch when compared to default resolutions. In other words, the physical screen is smaller then a 22"" but it has a resolution of 1920x1080 compared to 1650x1050 from the default 22"".
Personally i prefer, but many people won't like it if they already have a default 22"

If i had to buy a new screen today, i'd go for minimum 24'' and max 26", above that, i would simply buy a projector, lol

By the way, my fps on LFS is between 300 and 400fps on that screen.
I have phenom II X4 and an HD4890.
LFS is the best sim i have ever raced on
btw that benq i posted has a native resolution of 1920x1200 and a refresh rate of 5ms. It works at 100hz and it's aspect ration is 16:10 iirc
It can't have a 16:9 aspect ratio with a 1920x1200 resolution as that's a 16:10 aspect ratio. 1920x1080 is 16:9.

Didn't read the whole topic, but if both are IPS, then grab bigger one, but if 22" is IPS and 24" is IPS, grab 22".
I just bought LGs 24'' 2ms monitor, blasting LFS in 1920x1080.

Looks good man
Quote from Qurpiz :I just bought LGs 24'' 2ms monitor, blasting LFS in 1920x1080.

Looks good man

Not sure if i meant that i already got new monitor. Bought Acer 23" 2ms monitor and it also blasts LFS on 1920x1080

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG