The online racing simulator
Maserati GranCabrio
(12 posts, started )
Maserati GranCabrio
On September 15, Maserati presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show the third member of his family present, the GranCabrio. This is the first four-seater convertible (are individual even back) that the mark has been manufactured and as expected, will be based in the GranTurismo. Under this wording, their lines are drawn by Pininfarina (they say that the car was ready since the appearance of the coupe) and its V8 engine is the same 4.7-liter with 433 horses who tells his brother.
About the roof GrandCabrio not yet released details. To date, Maserati has used soft materials to the top of his convertible, however, could implement a hard top as it did with the Ferrari California.
In brief update this information with more details as they go nearing its official release. more pics here..
Quote from thunder84 :On September 15, Maserati presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show

It's either the 24th of August here, or i went to bed last night and woke up three weeks later.

Quote from thunder84 :About the roof GrandCabrio not yet released details. To date, Maserati has used soft materials to the top of his convertible, however, could implement a hard top as it did with the Ferrari California.

It's a soft top, we've known it was going to be a soft top for months. The Maserati website clearly states it's a soft top, and all the dealers have known for ages it would get a soft top . So, and it's only a hunch, but, i reckon it's a soft top

Got to be honest here, I'm a little disappointed. It should have been a two seater. As above, we've known for some time it was going to be a four seater, but most fans and afficianados had hoped the rear seats would be nothing more than a token gesture, a 2+2, Porsche 911 sized rear seats. But, now they've gone for the full sized rear seating it looks all wrong. The cabin looks too stretched, and that line from the windscreen to the boot line is too long and featureless (see pic 3). The proportions are out of kilter.

I'm yet to see any pics of it with the roof up, but, off the top of my head i can't think of any full sized four seaters that look right when the roof's up. I've just got a feeling it's gonna look a bit silly.

It's a real shame, if only they'd dumped the rear seats, then you would be looking at quite possibly one of the prettiest cars of all time. But, i guess they've built it to fill a market (read America) So, for me, i'd rather have the Gran Turismo coupe or the Quattroporte over this, unless they build a shortened 2 seater version in the future.

p.s Thread's in the wrong section, and you don't have to keep posting new threads for every new car. Try posting a "New Cars" thread in the Off Topic section, and you can post all the news you want in there.
Dude stop making these utterly useless car topics.
We don't need them!
I think it looks great.
these posts look alarmingly like adverts ! Who you work for thunder84?
Quote from Intrepid :these posts look alarmingly like adverts ! Who you work for thunder84?

Indeed..
Looks like a grammar issue. There is meant to be a 'will' in the first sentence i think.
He is blatently just plugging that mickey mouse telegraph website, because everything he posts has a link to one of their articles.

/ban
the front of the front looks like an lotus, then the rest looks like an aston martin
Quote from batteryy :the front of the front looks like an lotus, then the rest looks like an aston martin

A Lotus ?? Looks more like the front off the Gran Turismo to me...
I'll give you the Aston Martin bit though, DB9 Volante, and they're both too long and ungainly.

I know exactly whats gonna happen though. When this Mazzer's released i'll drive off to the nearest dealer for a closer look, and i'll probably fall instantly in love. These cars do that to me, even the crap ugly ones like the Biturbo's.
Quote from Mazz4200 :A Lotus ?? Looks more like the front off the Gran Turismo to me...
I'll give you the Aston Martin bit though, DB9 Volante, and they're both too long and ungainly.

I know exactly whats gonna happen though. When this Mazzer's released i'll drive off to the nearest dealer for a closer look, and i'll probably fall instantly in love. These cars do that to me, even the crap ugly ones like the Biturbo's.

argh, i just cant remember the mancuafer, anyway it was a caterham typo car that had the front grill looking really much like this maserati
Quote from batteryy :argh, i just cant remember the mancuafer, anyway it was a caterham typo car that had the front grill looking really much like this maserati

Ermm, you thinking of this http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/veritas-suv-2009-07-24 It was on Top Gear a year or two ago.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, i'd still rather have the GT or the QP, with the 4.7ltr engine and the proper auto box, in Grigio Granito with the Bordeaux leather and piano black trim. Don't you just love internet car configurators.

Maserati GranCabrio
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG