The online racing simulator
Freakin' Women drivers!!
(62 posts, started )
#51 - IDUI
I've met Michele Mouton, and DAMNIT shes STILL hot!
Quote from MadCat360 :lol, so you think you can podium in the 24 hours of daytona in a prototype, eh?

Sure... Qualify, race for 20 minutes, at the first yellow get out of the car and don't get in anymore..

That's the same way she did it.
I dont like how some of these Women are given a chance because they are one, Eventually we will see a good woman racer but hopefully its due to merits and not overhype like Danica.

Danica is really just a Midfeild racer in IRL but shes made out to be ''too good for F1'' its a load of bollocks.
Quote from Mustafur :
Danica is really just a Midfeild racer in IRL but shes made out to be ''too good for F1'' its a load of bollocks.

I wouldn't say midfield exactly (maybe top midfield the least). But she isn't exactly a top driver.

Her past champ: 12th, 9th, 7th, 6th, and now she's currently 5th. She also has only ONE win since her arrival back in 2005.

Is she overrated? Definitely. Is she shit like Duno and Ide? No. She's good enough to stay in IndyCar and be mildly competitive. Who knows...she may be even good enough to be a midfielder in F1. But nothing beyond that. (And please...atleast win more than one indycar race before you even consider F1)
Quote from lizardfolk :atleast win more than one indycar race before you even consider F1)

Victory in Indy Car appears to be dirrectly related to success in F1, only, the scale is somehow reversed. By all measure of previous sucessful Indy car drivers that have gone to F1, Patrick would likely become world champion easily.
Skill's relative. It's pretty hard to take a driver and predict how they'll do in a different car.

Case in point, Michael Valiente, a Daytona Prototype driver, had a podium finish at VIR this year. The next weekend, he was out racing karts with us at Infineon, and he got clobbered (he wasn't in my class).

Meanwhile, Memo Gidley, a regular at our meets, does very well in the kart races, but not so well in his Prototype.

IndyCars are pretty darn big for Formula cars. As much as they look similar they are very different to an F1 car. Maybe IndyCar does not suit Danica's driving, but F1 would? Impossible to tell.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
#58 - 5haz
Carey you better run before Intrepid shows up.

Its not to do with skill, I think its more to do with experience, you can't expect someone who is experienced in racing cars to be a fast as a field of people who are experienced in racing Karts straight away, and vice versa.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from Becky Rose :Victory in Indy Car appears to be dirrectly related to success in F1, only, the scale is somehow reversed. By all measure of previous sucessful Indy car drivers that have gone to F1, Patrick would likely become world champion easily.

Except that no IndyCar driver has ever crossed over to F1. Your mixing up CART with IndyCar. Ryan Briscoe got an F1 test but he's the closest any IndyCar driver have gotten.

Remember CART (ChampCar) and IndyCar are actually very different series (different drivers, cars, tracks, etc) and Europeans tend to mix them up. Infact, CART drivers tend to do quite poorly in IndyCar (Robert Doornbos, fantastic in CART, quite horrible at IndyCar atm. Similar story with Oriol Servià, Justin Wilson and Nelson Phillipe).

Keep in mind that IndyCar (the series that uses that strange Dallara chassis) only existed since 1996.
Quote from lizardfolk :I wouldn't say midfield exactly (maybe top midfield the least). But she isn't exactly a top driver.

Her past champ: 12th, 9th, 7th, 6th, and now she's currently 5th. She also has only ONE win since her arrival back in 2005.

Is she overrated? Definitely. Is she shit like Duno and Ide? No. She's good enough to stay in IndyCar and be mildly competitive. Who knows...she may be even good enough to be a midfielder in F1. But nothing beyond that. (And please...atleast win more than one indycar race before you even consider F1)

Ide would probably beat her though, he won Formula Nippon in 05 i think it was, where as Danica Really struggles on Circuits.

Duno just wasn't ment for racing.

and considering Indy is now going to be more Circuit based i think this would be more likely.
Quote from Mustafur :Ide would probably beat her though, he won Formula Nippon in 05 i think it was, where as Danica Really struggles on Circuits.

Duno just wasn't ment for racing.

and considering Indy is now going to be more Circuit based i think this would be more likely.

Well, IndyCar is more circuit based now. All they are adding next year is 2 more road courses (to make that a total of 9 circuit races while only 8 ovals will remain in 2010) and currently she's better than before. Yeh, she's an oval racer. But by now she's pretty much got the hang of circuits (she'd better after 5 years). She's not dazzling. But she's competent enough now where as she struggled with circuits before (when she was with Rahal Letterman).

As far as Ide...well, you're right about Ide winning Nippon. But IndyCar is on a much higher level than Nippon anyway. I doubt Ide will do well in IndyCar
have you seen her Results this year in the circuits?

shes getting like 15th and so on thats crap.

Freakin' Women drivers!!
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG