The online racing simulator
Self sent S2 Money orders
(8 posts, started )
#1 - WSR
Hi all,

I'm heavily set on buying S2, however since I'm paranoid about stolen bank accounts and such, I am resorting to money order, (preferably self-sent with no hassle).

Would anyone have some pointers on how this process will go down? I have read the instructions on the Shopinfo pages too many times already.

If it at all matters, I have the $50 Australian dollars sitting in front of me, begging to be sent.
Quote from WSR :I have read the instructions on the Shopinfo pages too many times already.

Well if you've read the instructions, what more do you expect us to tell you? We can't tell you how long it will take or anything, so... just send the money out already.

By the way, you're paranoid about online bank accounts - that are generally pretty secure - being stolen but you're okay with sending a simple envelope with money in it to the UK? I would think it's much easier for someone to just open the envelope and take the money than it is for someone to steal or hack a bank account
I just purchased my second LFS S2 license (the second being a voucher) and I can tell you that it is entirely safe.
Quote from obsolum :Well if you've read the instructions, what more do you expect us to tell you? We can't tell you how long it will take or anything, so... just send the money out already.

By the way, you're paranoid about online bank accounts - that are generally pretty secure - being stolen but you're okay with sending a simple envelope with money in it to the UK? I would think it's much easier for someone to just open the envelope and take the money than it is for someone to steal or hack a bank account

The thing is by sending his money in cash all he's risking is $50, by entering his credit card info in the web he's risking all he has in the bank... My credit card has insurance against fraude... so I don't really care, but maybe he's willing to risk $50 and save the hassle of having to activate the insurance.
Don't send cash!

Go to the PO and use your cash to purchase a money order made out in GBPounds for the amount £24.00

You will be charged a small amount to do this + the exchange rate at the time.

When you have the GBP money order in your hand pop it into an envelope along with a peice of paper (or card) with the other details required (as per lfs.net)

Wait time will depend on postal method (air/sea) and can vary from a number of days to a few weeks.

Good luck.

SD.
Quote from WSR : If it at all matters, I have the $50 Australian dollars sitting in front of me, begging to be sent.

i wanna help you so bad.
Quote from WSR :Hi all,

I'm heavily set on buying S2, however since I'm paranoid about stolen bank accounts and such, I am resorting to money order, (preferably self-sent with no hassle).

Would anyone have some pointers on how this process will go down? I have read the instructions on the Shopinfo pages too many times already.

If it at all matters, I have the $50 Australian dollars sitting in front of me, begging to be sent.

pay with credit card. if it gets cloned u chargeback and get refund from credit card company and they persue the fraudsters
#8 - WSR
Thanks for your suggestions.

I emailed the devs about it, and Victor replied instructing either money order or self sent cash, (it is risky, I know).

I'm still deciding on the money order, but it seems to be the most likely option.

I hope to get around to the Post Office sometime soon. Today it's closed already, so I'll pop down and query at a later time.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG