The online racing simulator
Making my Momo Black Racing Wheel turn more...?
I am wondering is it possible with alittle tweaking of the FFB can I make the momo turn more, I know it gots a piece of metal inside... If this is possible I can cut it out or pull it out some how and use ffb to make it turn more. Do you guys think this is possible? I think it will be like the ffb joystick shifters...

If this is possible can anyone help me??
Adjusting your FFB will not increase or decrease the rotational degrees of the wheel.

It is possible to give your rotation on your wheel. Im not entirely sure how, but i think you do it by changing the gears inside the wheel and putting "stops" on them, and then modifying the electrics to recognise the change. It would most likely need some tweaked software too.

All in all, it seems like alot of work just for some extra degrees.
I was just wondering because it would seem cool as I already have a clutch pedal and H shifter so if I had alittle more rotation it will help alittle
Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :I was just wondering because it would seem cool as I already have a clutch pedal and H shifter so if I had alittle more rotation it will help alittle

Pls write me on PM how u get H-shiter and clutch on momo.
Search me on youtube : KennyPinoy86 you will see my setup there
Ty.

Gonna be a big job as you would have to:
  • Take apart gear casing
  • Remove stopper to allow free rotation.
  • Re-gear pickup gear. Change the smaller gear to an even smaller gear. This may make the FFB achieve less torque meaing the FFB will probably go moot.
  • move the smaller gear axel so it meshes with the larger wheel axel gear.
  • or the alternative is to get a larger large gear and that means it would be bigger than the casing so you would see the top of the gear sticking out of the top of the wheel base case. Also the case might not be big enough underneath to support that so you would have to make the case base deeper underneath the wheel axel to accomodate that. Yes, as easy as I just described :/
  • oh, and I forgot to mention you need to put a stopper back in to stop it rotating too far and wrecking the potentiometer linkage. This would require redesigning the stopper mechanism inside the gear casing.
Sounds like fun eh?

Maybe just get a DFP with more degrees. Save yourself a nighmare in hell.
Don't **** with your wheel. Have with it how it is; save your money to buy a G25.
Quote from Lateralus :Don't **** with your wheel. Have with it how it is; save your money to buy a G25.

Your "JasonJ -> Plain English" translator works well
Sounds possible if I had the time, if I decided to start this project right after school ended I prolly would have been able to do it with my uncle and cousin's help

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG