The online racing simulator
FBM BL1 1.16 - How do I improve?
(7 posts, started )
I've been racing since early 08 and my concistant fbm time was 1.21 with a PB of 1.18. So then i continued playing cod4 (xD) instead of lfs. Now i'm back with a pb of 1.16(roughly) concistant 17's and 18's and a slow 1.19... How do i improve? (replay atached)
Attached files
the_big_n00b_BL1_FBM_11630.spr - 138.9 KB - 167 views
What Setup are you using? Maybe its a bit loose, or you at least feel that its loose, so you release the gas after t1 in the chicane. You can take it full, maybe not taking that much kerb.
And don't shift up to 6th gear before t1, that'll loose you some speed.
In general: Try driving smoothly with smooth, flowing steering into the corner and out of it.
Since you're a mouse driver, try playing around with the rates that control the gas and brakes (I hope you get that)
Otherwise, just keep training, remember to keep a smooth line, without sudden steering movements.
And I suggest getting a wheel if you have the money.
It's totally worth it.
I'm using a setup from the SetupGrid site...

P.s. My new pb is 1.15!

edit. i try not shifting to 6th gear,but i keep forgeting xD...
Just keep practicing, the good drivers did many, many more KM's than you did!
Quote from RasmusL :Just keep practicing, the good drivers did many, many more KM's than you did!

and times under 1:13.00, is so much on the edge, so good luck getting there.
Kinda hard to coach a mouse user (no offense, I used a mouse till my non-ffb wheel started working again), because of lack of pedals and feel, but I think you could turn-in later for turn 2, take a deeper angle for the first right-hander in that right-left-right section. For those combo corners, you always want to be turning in the direction of the corner you're approaching.

So for example, you've just exited turn 1, you're swinging out wide and preparing for turn 2a. As you turn in, your steering is pointed right. As soon as you apex, the line should be set up so that all you're doing now is turning in for 2b, the left, and only turning left. You do this more or less every time (from the replay in the OP).

But, once you apex for turn 2b, you keep turning left even though you're approaching a right-hander, 2c. Lots of people call this pinballing; you're reacting to the track rather than anticipating. The direct cause is too "shallow" of an angle at the apex of 2b and you end up taking more curb than you mean to in 2c.

It stems, ultimately, from turning in too early and apexing too early in 2a. Turn in a foot later, apex half a foot later, and you'll have a nice quick unwind followed by an effortless "veer" around turn 2c. IMO, you don't need to use any curb for 2c, even if the WR guys do.
use as little curb as possible in 1st chicane, myself i only go slightly over curbs in entry and exits, too much curb and your acceleration will suffer and your tyres get shitty

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG