The online racing simulator
Racing like a beginner
(29 posts, started )
dawgug: Ive done a 1.12x lap in bl1 fbm with just 100% brake and 100% throttle pedal usage, and letting the car "roll" in the corners for brief moments (or whatever u call that "neutral" drive) those facts maybe apply in real life racing, but not in LFS, its possible to fast by just mashing those pedals and going neutral around the corners, you just need the highest possible enter-speed for the corners and maintain that speed trough the corner and youllbe fine, doesnt matter how you achieve that.
I feel just in place when I looked at this thread! I've been always jummping from setup to setup usiing the XRG for drifting, and I would always get the wrong line.

Consistency. I guess it would help you (me myself too =D), if you stayed with one setup, and hold the urge of trying to improve it. I don't know about you, but me, I can't improve setups, cause my driving just isn't consistent enough. I don't know if the car is understeering because I was pushing the car too much at T- blah blah blah, or if it was because I stiffened the rear spring.

I am in the same league as you. I've been drifting since last year with my joystick and currently a wheel just 4 -5 months ago. I've been taking this seriously just when I got back from camp, which was 4 days ago. When I get my S2s in a matter of days, (plus a week of processing), lets race together =D.

My BL1 times with the XFG is ~1:35+ 1:36- with the nominal setup I get online (sites, and fellow drivers). Remember, I am using a wheel. I am 100% sure you will beat my time, which sucks donkey balls, with like 30 minutes of practise.

BTW, get a Fanatec wheel. For the same price of a DFGT, you get something near the G25 level. (right?)

One tip, I'm sorry if I am repeating someone; I'm not read the previous posts, but try driving with the driving line ON -. Some people may think that is noob-ish, but I am doing that, where I can learn the lines a bit better. After a while of getting that second, I am going to turn it OFF. Try it. For the understeer, are you braking and steering at the same time. I could turn at ~80km/h in T1 for BL1, but I can't with brakes @ ~50-60km/h.
@Myw:

Practise alot offline.
Try setting goals for yourself, like:

- Get under 1:34.5 on BLGP with XFG
- Get under 1:34.5 on BLGP with XRG
- Get within 1 sec of the WR on this combo...
- Try to do 10 consecutive laps within 2 secs of the WR on another combo..
- Etc...

And DONT STOP untill u reach a goal, just keep practising. Even if it takes you a month, you will eventually get there.
Also don't make the goals easier when you find out its pretty hard
When you reach a goal pretty fast (like within a day), it isn't hard enough, so you set the bar higher.

There isn't anything wrong with mouse btw, you can be faster than most people with a wheel if you try hard enough.
RWD's can be pretty hard with button acceleration/braking, but still possible to get close to WRs after ALOT of practise (try lowering the Button Control Rate in Control Options, and tapping your Accel.-button to simulate smooth acceleration).

Mouse + pedals is the ultimate combo imo
I also use a mouse and while I'm not the fastest, I'm usually consistently within 3-4 secs of WR, sometimes lower. Biggest problem with the mouse is that I always feel I'm not in complete control of the car. Damn on/off throttle!

Racing like a beginner
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG