The online racing simulator
The Pirate Bay Dead.
(14 posts, started )
The Pirate Bay Dead.
In just a few days The Pirate Bay will be passed onto its new owners, marking the end of an era but not the end of BitTorrent. The nostalgic torrenters among us might want to download a copy of the site for archival purposes. It never hurts to have a backup of important data in place, especially when it’s free.

In common with music and movies, it’s not that hard to copy a website. It might take some serious server power to serve torrents to millions of people every day, but all the torrent files and site code don’t take up that much space.

In fact, every TorrentFreak reader can easily store a backup of The Pirate Bay on his or her hard drive. Everyone can download it straight from The Pirate Bay, conveniently packed into a massive torrent amounting to 21.3 Gigabytes of data.

The anonymous uploader who compiled this huge torrent told TorrentFreak that he wanted to have a backup of the site in case all torrents mysteriously disappear after the site is sold. “I suppose I want us to have assurances. If the TPB deal disappoints us, we can just put it up again,” he said.

The backup includes a mockup site and all of the 873,671 torrent files hosted on The Pirate Bay’s servers. As the uploader also notes, not all of the 2 million torrents tracked by The Pirate Bay are hosted on the site itself.

With this backup everyone can have their own Pirate Bay up and running in a few minutes. “The basic website supplied in the torrent is a working site, where you can browse the index. You just need a lot of hardware to run a database of this size at a decent speed. And thanks to openbittorrent.com, you don’t even need a tracker,” the uploader told us.

Those interested in grabbing a copy of the site have to be warned: patience is required. It might take a few days before the download completes with the seeder’s limited upload capacity, but good things come to those that wait.

No links FTL
Whats the point? so you upload the site then you get sued aswell for having illegal files on there.
Like ive heard, torrents are illegal in here. So you should hide the link i guess. Anyways, i dont care about ThePirateBay, never used it.
Pirate Bay. Worst torrent site ever. Good riddance.
#5 - JeffR
The Pirate Bay became known to sim racing players when First, now called iRacing, threatened every web site hosting the NR2005 mod for Nascar Racing Season 2003 (they also got Team Redline to remove all car logos from their GTP mod for NR2003), getting it removed. The Pirate Bay, out of the legal grasp of First/iRacing, became the primary site for the NR2005 mod (it's still there), which is how the pirate bay became known to the sim racing community.
#6 - VoiD
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :...The anonymous uploader who compiled this huge torrent....

lol...

Quote from JeffR :The Pirate Bay became known to sim racing players when First, now called iRacing, threatened every web site hosting the NR2005 mod for Nascar Racing Season 2003 (they also got Team Redline to remove all car logos from their GTP mod for NR2003), getting it removed. The Pirate Bay, out of the legal grasp of First/iRacing, became the primary site for the NR2005 mod (it's still there), which is how the pirate bay became known to the sim racing community.

Oh realy...? calm down! For me and the majority of its user its was just one(!) platform to download stuff. Homemade holliday-videos (of course in bad quality), nice pics of some ugly and perverted ex-girlfriends, or simply illegal c#acked software... ...personally I don´t care...

We have more and better sites with better index´s and previews...
i just copied it from some site lol and if i kept the link there the uploader from TBP was anonymous lol but this thread will probly get delete so blah
Why so much aggro on Pirate Bay? They are like, the peoples rebels they have fought legal cases and won. It's fantastic, and they are completely independent being Swedish, so you can get alot of cool foreign movies and stuff but I guess if they are getting bought out then they won't be Swedish anymore ;(
never really cared much for TPB, or any torrent sites if I'm honest. I won't lose any sleep over it
to be honest there seems to be a lot of double standards here about pirate bay and similar sites, people quite happily download copies of movies and music for free but then if there's the slightest hint that someone is using or looking for a cracked version of live for speed all hell breaks loose.
With movies I would agree with you, the cast are generally paid a small fortune and the movie company has to cover their (often massive) costs for filming and production.

Music on the other hand, such a small proportion of the money we hand over goes to the people that did all the work, that it dissuades me from paying. It's not that I don't want to not pay the artists, but I don't want to feed the greedy record labels. Distribution is only so expensive and paid advertising only seems to apply to pop music, which I don't listen to anyway. I'd much rather go to a concert where a larger proportion of the ticket cost goes to the artists pockets (and I get an evening of entertainment), than buy an album.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Piratebay, the torrent site i used for so long!

I now hate every single one who was involved to influencing piratebays takedown (not the ones who defended it)
It's alright, record companies are on the way out anyway. They no longer have anything to offer artists that they can't now do themselves via home recording, distribution on iTunes and so on.

So support your local friendly indie bands (like the awesome Albany Down) and buy their album when it comes out next year!
Quote from Dajmin :So support your local friendly indie bands (like the awesome Albany Down) and buy their album when it comes out next year!

Shameless Dajmin, absolutely shameless

I do agree though, buying music gives money to the wrong people - the very people lobying government for harsher penalties for pirating content. It's a self propogating loop of money and power and I don't approve of it.

I'm going to a few gigs in the coming months, and i've never bought an album from any of the bands i'm going to see ... so there is merit to the argument that piracy is good publicity. Likewise, I purchased an album by an indi artist in Canada some months back who I cannot go and see ... via iTunes.

The Pirate Bay Dead.
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG