The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
Quote from bbman :I'm missing the comparison to the GT3RS in your review, since it was clear the G27 isn't much more than an uprated G25... I mean, that's basically the big question when you're deciding on a new (affordable) high-quality wheel...

I think the GT3RS is the better wheel (except the driver issues (?)). It's probably going to be more expensive than the G27 in total, since you need to buy separate pedals and a shifter, and G27s price is not going be 299 for long.
Quote from geeman1 :I think the GT3RS is the better wheel (except the driver issues (?)). It's probably going to be more expensive than the G27 in total, since you need to buy separate pedals and a shifter, and G27s price is not going be 299 for long.

You get the GT3RS wheel WITH the clubsport pedals (the good ones, with a load-cell brake-pedal) for $299. So to everyone who dont know anything about the wheel, visit www.fanatec.com and take a look at the GT3 RS wheel. I'll say that its better than the G27 (as it isnt much difference from G25, and their new updates is just some extra add's to what Fanatec already had on their wheels/pedals).
Tbh. Im not even going to spend anymoney on another wheel. I bought my G25 last year, and it was an excellent upgrade from my Driving Force Pro. Yet now logitech think im going to spend another £150 or so, to have the same wheel with 4 extra buttons, and some pedals that can move.....

Personally, i believe the G25 is just as good. It has the ability of the sequential shifter, and to me is still very durable. (You just dont treat it like garbage and you wont have a problem).

Going to stick with the G25, and i wont be jealous of anybody with a G27, as ill be £150 better off, with an identical wheel.
#29 - 5haz
Interesting, might be time to finally replace my wheel with broken pedals and pedals with broken wheel combination.

Or perhaps the prices of second hand G25s will drop, then again I don't like buying electronic equipment second hand, especially wheels which seem to wear out quite quickly.
Quote from Tomhah :You get the GT3RS wheel WITH the clubsport pedals (the good ones, with a load-cell brake-pedal) for $299. So to everyone who dont know anything about the wheel, visit www.fanatec.com and take a look at the GT3 RS wheel. I'll say that its better than the G27 (as it isnt much difference from G25, and their new updates is just some extra add's to what Fanatec already had on their wheels/pedals).

You still need a shifter though. For example Act Labs shifter adds another $100 to the price.
G27 reference price is $299, but actual shops are probably going to sell it for less than that.

I agree though that the GT3RS wheel and the pedals are better than Logitechs offerings.

EDIT: The price difference is not that bad right now between GT3RS and G27. But G25 is currently much cheaper.
#31 - troy
Wow hot
This is an absolute joke.......

They added buttons and removed a feature (Sequential shifting) and they think its a new product.....?

What a fail attempt to fight the Fanatec porsche wheels....
Well, I hate it!
The wheel itself is ugly, the pedals are essentially Niels Heusinkveld enhanced, just a bit worse and there's still no load cell on the brake pedal. The shifter, as you said in the review, is essentially the same, with stiffer springs which I think many G25 owners modded themselves anyway.

Nice review though
This is great news for Fanatec I think. Probably all they hoped for and more. The GT3RS w/clubsports seems like a far more attractive deal I think (if they can finally get the damned drivers sorted!!), with the only downside being that you have to get a shifter separately.
Enough about that wheel, guys stay on-topic
They mentioned contactless sensors in the pedals, which I doubt.. Would like clarification as I fear they're the same old pots, but if they're not, thats good.

The helical gears should help smoothness a bit and noise a bit more.

I must say it is fairly funny to see them drive; you see huge input lag and very nervous driving.. More talent presenting a fairly decent youtube show than driving cars it seems! Still, good to have SRT around!
huge lolz @ "predecessor to the G25"
That too.. Ah well, successor, predecessor, ancestor, its all confusing I suppose
You know the part where Shaun excitedly says "yes i am". The way he says it sounds like his answer to the question "are you tapping that?"
Quote from anttt69 :you know the part where shaun excitedly says "yes i am". The way he says it sounds like his answer to the question "are you tapping that?"

lol
Quote from Matrixi :http://nismo.1g.fi/hitit.jpg

you up for a game of 'lets see if they managed to make the g25s gearing even louder'?
#45 - JJ72
Quote from DevilDare :This is an absolute joke.......

They added buttons and removed a feature (Sequential shifting) and they think its a new product.....?

What a fail attempt to fight the Fanatec porsche wheels....

The upgraded the internal gearing and had an solution for the pedal spacing too.

I really don't understand the hate here, they are providing a improved product with the same price, not like they are going to take away your G25 after they come up with this......

and what do you expect more in this kind of price range?

Plus it will make the G25 price drop even more too.
#46 - JJ72
Quote from Blackout : The raised and adjustable pedals and the rev light are both made for G25 by third parties. G27 will be good value for someone with no wheel, but if you already have G25 it's an insult.

How's that an insult?

If you have bought a G25 (like me), you would have enjoyed more than two years of reliable use (bar the shifter in some cases), and you can continue to do so regardless the G27 is coming out, what you paid is definitely paying off.

If the complain is that G25 is being made deliberately bad, to allow some lazy engineers to reap more money......it isn't a fair thing to say about what is still about the most bang for the buck wheel on the market, the quality of the wheel is solid.
Only thing I really have "against" this wheel, is that it could have been MUCH better.

I mean, it took them 3 years to add some silly toy-like looking buttons, drill a few extra holes to the pedals, change a few plastic gears (which should have been done in the G25 in the first place..) and remove the sequential option? It's hardly impressive.

The changes I were hoping for a G25 successor were:

- A possibility to bolt on a real racing steering wheel (OMP/Momo/Nardi etc) directly to the Logitech wheel hub without any extra adapters required. This would have only required making the hub diameter a couple centimeters larger and changing the bolt pattern of the factory wheel.

- Belt driven force feedback.

- Completely redesigned and tougher shifter.

- More maximum lock, atleast 1080 degrees.

- Higher quality, possibly brushless, electric motors for faster turning speed.

Those are the main things I'm unhappy with my G25, and the G27 "updates" don't really interest me much at all.
Hmm, not so impressed to be honest. My personal favourite would be a G25 wheel with 4 instead of 2 round buttons, helical gears, G27 pedals (though they don't really matter G25 pedals can be easily modded anyway) and G25 shifter (mine's modded to use a plastic BB instead of the metal ball, though. That clicking was annoying). It's hard to say if a sturdier shifter would be worth losing the sequential mode, but I err on the side of "no."

Honestly the only real improvement I see are the helical gears. If I today had to decide between G25 and G27 then that'd be the only reason I'd have to think about it at all. Given the price difference, however, the G25 would almost definitely win.
Quote from AndroidXP :Honestly the only real improvement I see are the helical gears. If I today had to decide between G25 and G27 then that'd be the only reason I'd have to think about it at all. Given the price difference, however, the G25 would almost definitely win.

pretty huge improvment though considering both g25s i had (very briefly) could be heard from 2 blocks away
Quote from Shotglass :pretty huge improvment though considering both g25s i had (very briefly) could be heard from 2 blocks away

Then again, how much do they cost to be replaced? $5 at most? hmm, now I want to find some replacement helical gears for my g25 online...

Logitech G27 the real deal
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG