The online racing simulator
Modding Support
(34 posts, started )
Pretty sure it comes under the same rules as the logos that were discussed in General before. Not sure about car shapes, but manufacturer logos would be illegal to reproduce without permission. That said, if you're not charging for it then the odds are the company won't pay any attention.
But as people will be paying for S2, the answer is no. Realistically it's fictional content or stuff where permission can easily be got (small scale Invicta type shed specials and local tracks).
Bump.

Any more suggestions?
#29 - Zay
Quote from magux :I want a feature in lfs where you can modify small things of the car ingame, like spoilers, rims and exhausts.
(I also like to see some new cars/tracks, like every season?, but by the devs)

love the idea. for sure.
Well, maybe not mod support, but how about ingame mods? Like taking about all the GTR's and giving each of the cars different packs. Here is what I am talking about:

- standard pack (road cars)
- Race stage 1 pack (stripped out/slicks on road cars)
- Race stage 2 pack (GTR's)
- RallyX pack
- Drag pack
- Drift pack (for rwd cars)

and maybe even more!
would they effect preformance at all? .. What would the drift pack be? Just a rollcage and a small bodykit of sorts?

Maybe a RICE PACK! Body kits, stereos, neons.. Yeaahhh..
#32 - dev
Quote from brandons48 :would they effect preformance at all? .. What would the drift pack be? Just a rollcage and a small bodykit of sorts?

You forgot NOS and furry dice...
Quote from brandons48 :would they effect preformance at all? .. What would the drift pack be? Just a rollcage and a small bodykit of sorts?

Yeah, obviously they will be faster. The drift pack could also add a bodykit, as well as a ready made setup to make the cars tail stick out. And I would like the rice pack too!
#34 - 5haz
Due to people being dogmatic, it will probrably never happen, such a shame, another case of opportunity being wasted in sim racing.

Ah well, theres always GPL.

:heyjoeani :headbang:

Modding Support
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG