The online racing simulator
This is the end my friends.
(35 posts, started )
Well guys.

Come the end of the week I shall be saying goodbye to LFS and the associated detritus.

Due to touring commitments, A brand new ex partner, and having no computer or broadband where ever I end up calling home I shall not be able to service my LFS addiction.

Your a great bunch of guys, the game is a great game with a great, honourable and innovative concept and the racing has been second to none.

And thus, I take my bow and face the final curtain.

'Cause, now the end is near, of this I'm certain.

But . . . I did it my way.

I'll be boshing around untill the end of the week, Matinee friday and saturday at 2.30. Sourvineer programmes available for a modest fee . .

So it's good bye from him, and it's good bye from me . . .

Hiii . . . Thankyou.

P.S. Anyone fancy giving me a job in the gaming industry? Don't have to pay much, just enough to have a connection, aliean machine and a tin of beans. I can't programme, or do any fancy graphical stuff. Nor am I shit hot webber. But I can talk. On and on and on and on. I'm good at that. And I can hit things with an hammer. I'm good at that too.

I'm waffling again. Shoot me. Shoot me now!

Laters kids.
Bang! there you go.. i did it my way
At least promise you'll come back when you're back "online".
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Bloody hell, must be the time of the year or something, everywhere I look there is trouble and strife (myself included), although I am hanging in there, my racing has suffered no-end, as anyone who raced with me last night in the ESL race will confirm!!!.

Dan,
That's sad news I enjoyed your posts on the forum!
#6 - mr_x
a sad day, see you funnybear, good luck in the future, and hopefully see you around at some time in that future!
#7 - axus
Sad to see you go, mate
Take care!
#8 - Noni
Can I have your license?

Sad to hear your leaving!
#9 - shim
hope to see ya come back before S3 mate..
Sad to see you go.

Have fun in the rest of your life
#11 - Gunn
pfffft! See you soon Funnybear. :munching_
Sad news, as always we hope you return soon.
You'll be back. Seeya!
bye :checkered

PS: If you want in to the games industry, it pays well even at trainee level, it's high pressure and the hours around crunch time will deprive you of sleep. Some firms, EA in particular, are in permanent crunch time.

But if you really want in, if you really really really want it, you need to be seriously good to get a foot on the ladder because there's a bucket load of talent out there doing it for a hobby.

I've worked with a number of people on freeware projects who went on to work in the industry, with the most noteable one now working at Rockstar North on the GTA games after a move to Edinburgh.

I've never yet seen someone get into the industry without a hobby coding/modelling background, with the possible exception of MMO GM's - who have a hobby of a different kind of course.
Bye, Sid/Frank. I enjoyed your sense of humour.
Quote from Funnybear :I shall not be able to service my LFS addiction.

You know, the thing with addictions is...
#16 - th84
cya funnybear!! im gonna miss seeing that pink car :P

great racing with ya, i wont say bye, ill say cya later!!
All the best mate.

come back when you can, k?

Thanks for the FZR blackwood setup. I'll be analyzing that to try to understand what made it stick.

And by the way! when you do come back, bring a wheel
Who are you kidding Bear? We all know that you'll be back, and selling your kidneys for an internet connection etc. Take care in the intervening weeks, but we ain't seen the last of you
Bye mate,

You'll come back, I know it
All of them come back eventually. Cya then!
Sorry to see ya go
Keep it between the ditches

Cold turkey can be hard to swallow so mind how you go
See you once you are ready for some speed again..... have a good non-LFS time(err.... how could be non-LFS time good anyway?)

:guilty:
Y r people sad???

GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE, MATE!!! DO STUFF!

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG