The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we be able to do the driver change while PIT Crew is working on the car?

+1 Should be implimented.
-/+ 0 Rather would have other things implimented first.
-1 Fine how it is don't need it.
Alowing Driver Change While Car being Fixed?
Hey guys since i'm signed up for my first endurance race i was just thinking when i go to do the driver change you have to wait until the PIT crew is done changing tires and all that, and then when the PIT crew is done you then are alowed to to the driver change but in real life you can do the driver change when the PIT crew is working becuase in Top Gear when they were at the 24H race they changed drivers when the PIT crew was changing tires or Refuiling. So the main question is do you think we should be able to Change driver when the car is being fixed/refueled? Also another resoen is if you were in a massive 24 hour race, that 1-3 second long driver change can cost you valuable time and posistions.
#2 - Joris
How do you perform a driver change? I did not even know it is possible at the moment.
#3 - Bean0
The driver change is instant though, so there is no gain to be had.

@ Joris - When you are spectating, you can press the 'T' button next to the name of a driver already racing. This is your Takeover request.

When the other guy pits, he will see an illuminated T next to your name, and can press this after the tyres/repair/refuel is complete to hand the car over.

The quickest way is just to start hammering the illuminated 'T' button when refuelling begins.
Yes i do know that it takes a split second or less bean0 but thats if everyone is ready where if the person isn't exacly ready it can cost time and if you could do it while the car being worked on you don't have to worry about losing time.
#5 - Joris
Quote from Bean0 :The driver change is instant though, so there is no gain to be had.

@ Joris - When you are spectating, you can press the 'T' button next to the name of a driver already racing. This is your Takeover request.

When the other guy pits, he will see an illuminated T next to your name, and can press this after the tyres/repair/refuel is complete to hand the car over.

The quickest way is just to start hammering the illuminated 'T' button when refuelling begins.

Never knew about this feature. Thanks!
Quote from swisscosmo :Yes i do know that it takes a split second or less bean0 but thats if everyone is ready where if the person isn't exacly ready it can cost time and if you could do it while the car being worked on you don't have to worry about losing time.

A possibility of human error in a driver change? Doesn't sound that bad at all
I like it as it is, it makes races with a driver change less predictable.
You also have to agree with your partner if you leave the car in 1st gear and clutch or put to neutral (can be fun in MRTs )
You can win / lose a few positions during the pit entry, stop, takeover and pit exit due to the multiple tasks involved and that adds to the fun.

Tip: Already set the mouse pointer to the right driver in the correct "N" view will help.
#8 - Bean0
What I have noticed since one of the fairly recent patches though, is that the pointer vanishes if you leave it hovering over the 'T'.

I'm sure it didn't do this previously.
I think the should make it possible. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult either?

That being said, I've never done a driver switch, so if it's a lot of work I'd prefer other changes/additions first.
Yeah should be sorted eventually TBH, but it's not the most important thing, so it can wait till other things have been done first.
Should this idea still be implimented or ahve any of you changed you mind?
I still reckon it would make sense. Although there should probably be a fixed time for the actual takeover added since one guy getting out and another getting in can't happen instantly IRL

It's not going to be a priority though, since everyone is bound by the same rule it at least evens out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG