The online racing simulator
Installing Windows 7
(29 posts, started )
Installing Windows 7
Can I have some help with this..

I have extracted W7 on DVD, The files are not in a folder so the path should be just fine.

I have a formatted laptop, there are nothing in it. I Insert the DVD in the startup and it says "Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."
So it is not recognizing the DVD/files.. Where could be the problem?

When I insert the dvd into this computer, it works. Asks to install the Windows 7 etc..

It would be nice to get this working by this night!
Have you gone into the BIOS and changed the boot device to the CD drive?
#3 - garph
When you make a boot disk you have to make it a boot disk. Just burning the files to DVD like normal doesn't work.

Most of the ISO's have a make boot disk option.
Quote from garph :When you make a boot disk you have to make it a boot disk. Just burning the files to DVD like normal doesn't work.

Most of the ISO's have a make boot disk option.

So how do I do this? Make it boot? I have the ISO file, it didn't work so I extracted the files from the ISO file and tried, not working.. So should I make a ISO dvd file myself of these all files?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :So how do I do this? Make it boot? I have the ISO file, it didn't work so I extracted the files from the ISO file and tried, not working.. So should I make a ISO dvd file myself of these all files?

Simply burn the .ISO image file using Nero. These .ISO-s are almost always bootable. Dunno what kinda Win7 you have. RC from the official site?
#6 - garph
Use something like PowerISO (there are loads) and open the ISO, like you normally would. You should have an option to burn the files to CD/DVD or even make a boot disk.

I haven't got PowerISO installed so I can't check for you.
#7 - buedi
Yes, that´s it. Simply burn the ISO. If you don´t have bought Nero you can also Use ImgBurn. It´s free and does a great job.
Quote from garph :Use something like PowerISO (there are loads) and open the ISO, like you normally would. You should have an option to burn the files to CD/DVD or even make a boot disk.

I haven't got PowerISO installed so I can't check for you.

Thanks! I hope this works, looks good!

E: It worked! Thanks!
Burning from iso must work. I had this problem too when i got my win7. I ruined 2 dvd's if i remember right.
I have serious problems installing radeon 9600 drivers on windows 7. I've searched over the whole google search area and can't find the right fix!

I'll hope someone can help.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I have serious problems installing radeon 9600 drivers on windows 7. I've searched over the whole google search area and can't find the right fix!

I'll hope someone can help.

Newest ATI Catalyst doesnt help? If not, then search from www.amd.com ... they must have it
Got it working now, and no.. It wasn't that simple. A new problem though! My screen max resolution seems to be 1024x768. It should do 1280x800.

I'm searching for a program to force the resolution into it, haven't found any yet.
in display properties you shuold find checkbox called "hide modes that my monitor can't display" or something similiar, so uncheck it and then try to set your resolution
Quote from iFastLT :in display properties you shuold find checkbox called "hide modes that my monitor can't display" or something similiar, so uncheck it and then try to set your resolution

Yeah, there is "list all modes" and the max is 1024x768 in there too.. W7 sucks.
Remove the drivers that you have installed, go back to the installer you downloaded and right click, select properties, go to the compatibility tab and choose either vista or XP compatibility mode (depending on whch version of windows your drivers are actually designed for), then click on apply.

Then, close it and right click again, and this time click on run as administrator and re-install then reboot when prompted, thats what i did on my w7 when the resolutions went wrong and it fixed it for me.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Remove the drivers that you have installed, go back to the installer you downloaded and right click, select properties, go to the compatibility tab and choose either vista or XP compatibility mode (depending on whch version of windows your drivers are actually designed for), then click on apply.

Then, close it and right click again, and this time click on run as administrator and re-install then reboot when prompted, thats what i did on my w7 when the resolutions went wrong and it fixed it for me.

I'll try that, thanks

Quote from dawesdust_12 :http://support.amd.com/us/gpud ... 4.1.3.24&lang=English

That's the ones ATi suggests for your card and "Windows 7"... I assume you've tried them... but maybe you could?

Yup have tried
Are you sure that Windows is using the proper drivers, and not still using the default drivers (which have basic capabilities)?

@Migz: What's the point in that kind of reply. Doesn't much solve anything nor is it really useful to the thread.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Are you sure that Windows is using the proper drivers, and not still using the default drivers (which have basic capabilities)?

@Migz: What's the point in that kind of reply. Doesn't much solve anything nor is it really useful to the thread.

whats with you trying to help someone with windows?
i thought you hated microsoft?
Quote from mutt107 :whats with you trying to help someone with windows?
i thought you hated microsoft?

1) I don't "hate" Microsoft. Sure I think Xbox's are useless (Why would you pay for hardware that's nearly always going to fail within 3 years?) and I think Windows sucks (XP is usable, 7 is usable as well, but not preference)

2) If I can try to help, why not? There's no rules that say I can't if I possess the knowledge to help. I did (and do) use Windows for basically my entire life. Knowing more (especially when looking into being a tech for work) isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Use Imgburn to burn your iso files....
Select the iso file with imgburn and done .
Insert the disk into your laptop (CD boot might be not even needed) and install Win7 :P its sooo easy.
Yeah, just so long as you don't get the infamous "CANNOT BOOT FROM CD/DVD - CODE ERROR 5" message like it did with me, but i luckily still had XP installed so i just ran the DVD within windows and started the install that way.
Quote from navigator98 :Use Imgburn to burn your iso files....
Select the iso file with imgburn and done .
Insert the disk into your laptop (CD boot might be not even needed) and install Win7 :P its sooo easy.

He already said he got it working in post #8, but now has other problems. Please read a thread before replying.
lol I can't install XP anymore because my cd rom keeps popping out.. and when i block it with my hand it will be stuck and wont work. WOHOOOO fail computer! So I have to manage with 1024x768 resolution and windows 7 on it with no audio drivers.. XP is the only actually working OS!
Just grab either vista or XP drivers from manufacturers website and set them to run in compatibility mode, then install them, thats what i did, im using the XP drivers for my SiS soundcard on w7 and its fine.

Installing Windows 7
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG