The online racing simulator
Real Crash Effects & Real Tire Marks!
I would like some real crash effects in LFS
they aren't so good
I would like to see parts coming out off the car!

And the tire marks aren't so good either just gray or black
while going 200km/h on bl1 straight do you looking at skidmarks ? or maybe you've got bullet time mod in your lfs ?
Quote from The Stig PL :while going 200km/h on bl1 straight do you looking at skidmarks ? or maybe you've got bullet time mod in your lfs ?

or maybe hes an average racer who likes little details like many do
+1
Quote from Juusom95 :I would like to see parts coming out off the car!

Breakable wings is already noted as being on the to-do list.

Quote from Juusom95 :And the tire marks aren't so good either just gray or black

Would you prefer multi-coloured?
I have always agreed with damage being more realistic. It is not because it isn't realistic as it is now, but I want to see damage when people have head on collisions on cruise servers, fluid leaks, wheels falling off, or even the engine cutting off completely!:munching_

The number of wreckers will go down ten fold... or will they rise?
You don't even see GRID with tyre texture marks on the tarmac dude. Just grey lines.

Waits to be proven wrong....
#8 - bbman
Quote from Furiously-Fast :You don't even see GRID with tyre texture marks on the tarmac dude. Just grey lines.

Well, that's because that's how they look like... I've never seen a profile in a skidmark anywhere, because as the name hints the tyre is skidding...
To an extent you get the profile of the tread.

It depends on the tread pattern itself, but most of the time you would see it unless you're running semi or full slicks.

You get lines, not the actual pattern, but the lines from where the contact patch is greatest (even if parts overlap, chances are it isn't a full contact patch like the big chunky blocks of most patterns)

see here:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com ... 229843_cb5955b97e.jpg?v=0
also here (check out that wheel hop on the far right where the new asphalt is [raised up]) http://www.bigfoto.com/miscell ... tos-04/skid-marks-302.jpg

I also came across this which is an excellent reference for anyone that wants to conduct their own CSI show crime scene lol
http://www.globalsecurity.org/ ... cy/army/fm/19-25/CH11.htm
either way it is good reference (I wish it had more images though)
I'd not like very realistic crash effect, even now its annoying on a server with much people, what would it be with more realistic crash effect...
Quote from Kristi :I'd not like very realistic crash effect, even now its annoying on a server with much people, what would it be with more realistic crash effect...

It would be more realistic. You said it yourself!
+1
This is planned and coming..
Easily modelled by making the lateral slip curves continue to increase after the normal peak on such services, to mimic gravel build up, giving massive lateral grip when entering sideways and potentially creating enough torque to roll the car.
+1

Would be nice ; )
This 'request' sounds so hilarious to me. Like hes sayng the devs that ... "do it, because i want it!!"
Quote from hazaky :This 'request' sounds so hilarious to me. Like hes sayng the devs that ... "do it, because i want it!!"

Isn't that the main reason for us all to make improvement suggestions? Because we want them.
Parts going off ? Scratches ? I like them. Though more CPU/GPU/bandwidth would be taken, but good effects ( both physical and graphical ) are what we want ( if technically possible ).

What I care is, stop the crashed cars ! Flying at 300 km/h into a wall and then I shift to reverse to go back to my line. "Oh, bad luck, suspension damage !"
Quote from Keling :Parts going off ? Scratches ? I like them. Though more CPU/GPU/bandwidth would be taken, but good effects ( both physical and graphical ) are what we want ( if technically possible ).

What I care is, stop the carshed cars ! Flying at 300 km/h into a wall and then I shift to reverse to go back to my line. "Oh, bad luck, suspension damage !"

Indeed!

PS: Even tho my PC will lag like hell. But oh well... LFS will then be another reason for me to buy a new PC.
I would like to see tire donuts on the sides of cars when they make side-to-side contact. That would be awesome.
The increased damage is great idea. Like in iRacing which I believe is big competition for live for speed. When I had to choose between the two sims, the advantages were:
for lfs: great tire simulation, cheaper, variety of input devices; for iRacing: real cars and tracks, jerk proof system
So make realistic damage and if possible keep track of "jerkiness", and you are almost done with competition.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG