The online racing simulator
No Hyperthreading supported??
(3 posts, started )
Hello!
I use a system with a processor that supports hyperthreading. There seems to be a problem. I can run the game at any resolution at 70 to 90 frames. With hyperthreading switched on (in BIOS) I get a lag problem after some time. This means I can drive 2 to 4 laps, no problem. But them the frame rate will drop and the car is undriveable.
It took me a long time to find the problem. I updated drivers, used different wheels, re-installed the whole system. Finally I recorded the processors activity and found out that the longer I drive the less it is busy. This hinted me to the problem. Well, luckily there is a switch in my system's bios that let's me switch off hyperthreading.

Maybe some other people have had problems with this, but I could not find any reference in this forum.

Do you consider this as a bug? And shouldn't hyperthreading make the whole thing faster?
works fine here, i have HT. Sounds like a heat issue to me.
Quote from rallycross :Hello!
I use a system with a processor that supports hyperthreading. There seems to be a problem. I can run the game at any resolution at 70 to 90 frames. With hyperthreading switched on (in BIOS) I get a lag problem after some time. This means I can drive 2 to 4 laps, no problem. But them the frame rate will drop and the car is undriveable.
It took me a long time to find the problem. I updated drivers, used different wheels, re-installed the whole system. Finally I recorded the processors activity and found out that the longer I drive the less it is busy. This hinted me to the problem. Well, luckily there is a switch in my system's bios that let's me switch off hyperthreading.

Maybe some other people have had problems with this, but I could not find any reference in this forum.

Do you consider this as a bug? And shouldn't hyperthreading make the whole thing faster?

Intel's Hyperthreading system is at best completely flawed, at worse a complete pain in the behind.

Hyperthreading has not, and never will "speed" things up, all you can hope to gain is the capability of running 2 or more programs at the same time with no loss in performance, which doesnt really happen "in the real world".

Turn that HT sucker off, its a complete waste of time, and one of the best reasons in the world to buy an AMD CPU, and no, I do not have one in my PC, I have a HT 3.4Ghz.....

Dan.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG