The online racing simulator
LFS UK Karting Meet 2010 - preface
(114 posts, started )
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Finally got something back from Golspie, not good news I'm afraid.

They are cutting back on coprate events at the end of the year due to lack of demand and the karts just not being up to the task no longer.

However the clerk of the course was talking about future plans which invovle a whole shake up of the commercial side of things including new karts. So I told him what we did down in Wales and was intrested in doing the same if they get the karts

If, and it's a big IF with capital letters in bold and underscored, they do get the karts he would be more than happy to allow us use of the course for a 6 hour event like we did in wales, with on site camping for the weekend (Friday and Saturday) as long as it did not coincide with any racing meets they have. Since the track is far enough away from the town, he said event could accidently run long if need be. Price would be decide closer to the date.

But thats all pipe dreams at the moment, and as much as I hate to say it, it would be better if the guys in the central belt (aka Southern Softies) look into the tracks there and see what goes. Theres bound to be a few tracks about there.

One track I've been told about is the Lochgelly Motorsport Complex, a concreate track, verly slidy and bumpy apparently, but I have not heard much about it.

Sounds ominous... have to say though... not really excited about the idea of camping in scotland... won't it be a bit cold
double up clothing, or maybe triple xD
...and for the rich, a nice warm hotel
Quote :as much as I hate to say it, it would be better if the guys in the central belt (aka Southern Softies) look into the tracks there and see what goes.

If it comes to it I do not mind organising the 2010 meet.

The problem is we've been really very lucky with Jason and Ben hosting so far (I didnt attent the earlier meet) who not only have laid on good events but have opened up their wonderful homes to us and really laid things on, but most of us don't have the capacity to do that.

I used to have a home suiteable but my new place is very small, and worse i'm not particularly near any of the really good tracks, I think however this is the case for most people, so if it comes to it and we can all accept that it's pretty hard to follow what Jason and Ben have done, then I don't mind giving it a bash.
#80 - 5haz
You should do the meet at Lakeside Karting some time, then I can walk there.
Quote from 5haz :You should do the meet at Lakeside Karting some time, then I can walk there.

15 minute drive away for me!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Southern Softies

Meh, Camping out for a few days up north and some girly karting sounded quite good, apart from me obviously being a big jessie afraid of the cold, bad back, and limp wrists unable to hold an ickle wheel.

Hopefully, if all goes well, and there is a Scottish meet next time, I`ll drag my fat arse along.

No pictures though, else I`ll have to change me nick
Red lodge karting isn't bad, nice big track with magnetic strips built in to time the laps, and facilities are good, but im not sure what the karts are like condition wise, as i cant remember if they are all that good or not.

http://www.redlodgekarting.com/tracks.html

Sadly my 1 bedroom flat will not be able to hold very many people at all, as it barely fits me the missus and the cat in here!
Come on, split the thread already. I mean, normally have pre- and post-event threads. This thread has become pre- post- AND, uh ... pre²?

I've split the 2010 conversation into a new thread.
if things get serious a new thread should be started though imo
I can't believe Fel told Victor off lol!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Red lodge karting isn't bad, nice big track with magnetic strips built in to time the laps, and facilities are good, but im not sure what the karts are like condition wise, as i cant remember if they are all that good or not.

Faciilities are below average, the track layout is pretty good though. There's a wonderfully quirky cafe built out of a railway carriage 100 metres down the road.

The rental karts are single engined and my last experience of them i'd say they where typical of single engined rental karts.

I'm not fond of the way the track conduct business, they'll never over deliver on a contract and if they can will get away with less.

Just the other side of the same road junction is Wild Tracks, the karts there are also single engined, the track is wide, fast and flowing. Facilities where poor when I last went there (just after it was built). The track is adjacent to a motox track and can be a bit dusty which is fun although i've only driven it on my pro and not with the rentals.

Neither track is a patch on Daytona at Milton Keynes, which has exceptional facilities, awesome track design, and twin engined karts which are more comfortable to drive for long races and faster (albeit more expensive).
hey guys , have read and viewed the 2009 kart meet thread , and it sounds like a lot of fun , I myself quite like to throw a kart around every now and then ...

Was just wondering if I would be welcome at the 2010 meet ?

Thx either way
Quote from DoC_uk :Was just wondering if I would be welcome at the 2010 meet ?

Everyone and anyone is welcome at the meets. So long as you're into LFS, of course.
Your into LFS.. sure.. I guess I could.. tap that.. uhm..

Joke aside, I really want to come to this happening if things for a change sorts out. England is not far away, and even a weekend trip for me would be much possible.
Alltho I most likely will be the snaaaaail on the track, I would enjoy it and it would be great fun to finally say "hi" to some faces I have wanted to do for some time.
I think if your aiming for as much coverage and attencence from the UK, somewhere smack bang in the middle would be ideal would it not? Fair enough all the people from London can get to a karting meet in bedford, but someone from right up north (meeeeee) cant get down there easily. Especially those in Scotland.

i37 (biggest UK lan party for those who dont know) is being held right in the middle and the attendance is massive, well into the thousands.

But do you know what - such a suprise - MIDDLESBROUGH is right in the middle of this damned island, on the east coast. Oh and what a suprise it hosts one of the longest fastest tracks in the UK, and puts on excellent group rental services and deals.

Dont expect hospitality from the yocals, though.

Going to plug this place until you decide one year that your coming.
I think the key is to have the happening close to travel-spots, like airports and such. At least that would make it a lot easier for people outside UK to get there.
I don't think difficulties due to travelling from abroad has ever put off anyone who was genuine about coming. Many people drive and are able to give lifts, plus there is a fairly extensive train network in the country.

mcintyrej - you had your chance for a northern meet last year.
Well, but who wants to have a crazy norwegian in the backseat anyway?

Ok, I'll trust you on that one. If the opertunity is there, and someone will give me a ride, I will of course pay my share of the expences, that means for the botter and the fuel. Remember that car uses extra fuel with an extra passenger

Edit : Now I finally understand your post Jason, at first try it was gibberish

If your reply was aimed for me I am thankfull ^_^ You will be able to chose between having alcohol as payment or money, or maybe both? Well time will show, but I really want to take part of the karting meet.
you have a good taste in music so why not

LOL i just realised i left my pc on at home on server
i'm up for one in scotland. have i missed the 2009 meet already?
I just found out yesterday that I can travel 'round Europe when I hit 16 (with the consent of parents of course) so it is very likely I'll come to the 2010 meet. So please, no under-18 tracks.
OK, no one has come up with anything at all for 2010. So, I will arrange a UK Kart Meet, same as last year. People can stay at mine, but the track is yet to be decided. I will open a new thread if you all think that I should. Otherwise, I will just arrange a meet for SR members and friends.
#99 - CSF
The meet will depend on CSF's attendance, as Passo, Boothy, me, Gav, Seb, Rudy, KayKay, Keith, Paul, ferret, Tongey, NickC, Franky500 and many many more would like to kick his ass

LFS UK Karting Meet 2010 - preface
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG