The online racing simulator
New Racer needs a trick T T
(8 posts, started )
Well, I have to tell you guys that I'm a drifter, I've never been racing before. And since I was bored, so I decided spend more time to racing and I found out that it was very fun. I started driving XFG first with setup from setupgrid and setup field.

However, I faced many problems when i was in a track

- I always be the last six rank in each race

- I always can't keep up and take over other unless they spin out

- I always be a part of accident (get crashed, accidentally crashe, lag hit etx.)

- In a straght way, like BL GP, I never speed up with others. I'm like a drag loser all time

- And last weird problem, My car always going slower than first lap. The RPM goes very slowly until shift to next gear. I assumed that may because of H & T that made RPM went too high and ruin the car

In conclusion, apolgize for being noob at racing but i need to learn from u guys
When racing, you need practice to become competitive. Don't expect to be winning races from a day to another.

Because you have been drifting, you will have to adapt your driving style to suit racing.

In opposition to drift, when racing you have to choose the shortest path, and the one that allows you to be fastest entering and exiting the curbs.

First of all, concern on being steady, catch the racing line, braking and accelerating spots, and do not make mistakes, after that, you can concert on becoming faster.

Practice a lot, (preferably offline ) and don't be too agressive. You can also learn a track by spectating faster drivers, or even watching replays.

Anyway, you will find very rewarding as you will improve and make it with the pack, and later on discussing positions and even a win.

I think racing is just the best there is to do with lfs
The car slowing down is you burning your clutch out, you need to review the way you are changing gears. If you post what setup you have for gears (paddle shift, stick shift) and cars you use etc then we can help there.

Regarding racing versus drifting, in racing you need to brake early and gently and be much much much much much much much much much much much more smooth. Slide is bad. Slide is slow. Slide is the devil. You should be teetering on the verge of your car sliding, driving too fast will meen you are not quick.

Corner exit speed is 10 times more important than corner entry. Most people try to make up time at corner entry by braking late. You can make 10x more time by focusing on corner exit. 1mph faster out of a corner is speed you carry down the entirety of the next straight.

More accidents get blamed on lag than are actually caused by lag. If you find you are involved in lots of accidents it is because your driving is too unpredictable for the cars around you to avoid you, drivers who get involved in a large number of accidents are hazards, and probably not as good/safe as they think they are. Focus on being steady before focusing on being fast.

Driving smoth, steady and controlled will give you a better basis to work from to become fast than driving around like a Top Gear presenter.

All of your skills learned in drifting will not help you drive fast. They may on ocassion help you recover the car whilst spinning. It's time to start over and learn the fine art of racing and race craft. It's not just driving in circles, even when you're only driving in circles.
No offense, but it seems to me that you are not a very good drifter. A good driver, no matter racing or show-drifting, should be smooth and stable. Did you compete in some high-level drift events or just drift casually around enjoying youreslf ?

Your problem may be not about to show drift or to race, it's about controlling a car at (near) its limit !

1. Focus on off-line first. The same combo and set, lap after lap. Start slow, then faster and faster.

2. Let "Idea racing line display" help you. The line may be not good enough to make you competitive, but it helps you to be stable.

3. Watch fast drivers and replays.

4. Practise with AIs. It'll be easier to get used to driving with a lot of racers around if you do this first.

5. Feel free to ask for help. Though not everyone you meet on server is friendly, many are kind and helpful.

The last problem: Don't shift down too fast. If you over rev a lot the engine will be damaged. It's worse with a FF than a FR.

Good luck and have fun. 
Well, Thank you all of you for give me a trick ^ ^ I think I find solution about my last problem.

I actually use racing line to guide and try to drive over the lines all time

but when I drive well(which is rarely) I have a chance to take over but i always can't find the way to pass and finally hit the back of another racer and we spin out. as this problem, what should i do ? brake ?
NEVER deliberately hit the back of a car in front of you just because you're faster. Try to ease off the throttle a little or gently brake, so you stay right behind your opponent. To pass, try catching some draft on long straights and get the inside line for the next corner, so you enter the corner before or with your opponent, but on the shorter inside line. If that doesn't work, try to stay very big in the rear mirror of the driver in front, so he'll get nervous and eventually make a mistake, giving you the chance to pass him.
In racing touching, bumping or crashing other cars is definately the wrong thing to do. Always try to stay clean of the other racers, racing with you. Even if they make a mistake, try to pass cleanly or not at all.
Quote from ChaiyoABC :
- In a straght way, like BL GP, I never speed up with others. I'm like a drag loser all time

- And last weird problem, My car always going slower than first lap. The RPM goes very slowly until shift to next gear. I assumed that may because of H & T that made RPM went too high and ruin the car

Check restrictions in settings Info tab - if you might have been racing in a race with restrictions before
As Becky wrote - lift off throttle on gear change. It looks like you burn your clutch rather than tyres.
If the race is short and you are in low-powered car - 10% slip gives the best grip which is about up tp 5deg slide
Just connect to a Demo Server racing XFG/XRG at BL1 track. There you might find some fast and fair guys that also can overtake quite good.

The sets you use are not always the best! It depends much on what you race with: Wheel, Mouse, Keyboard - if wheel which one, how is it set up...

PM me and we could meet this evening for some "training" and online tips..

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG