The online racing simulator
#1 - PYNEY
trying to get my rear end to stay in line ?
hi all
as a beginner i'm trying hard to improve my lap times

one thing i have noticed is that my rear end nearly always swings around when going round corners with tyres screaching ?

i've noticed that when viewing other drivers who do fast times that the rear end on there cars seem to follow the front end with little or no swing and screaching noises

i've tried various setups with no difference as yet

what am i doing wrong help !!!!!!!
blackwood xfg was 1.42 i've now got a best at 1.39 but i cant better that as yet
1.35 would be my next goal

great sim ! just wish i could do better , cheers keith
in xfg your rear end comes out? you got past a serious problem, understeer...try losening up the suspension in the back and adding some damping.
Go as wide as you can with as much throttle as possible.. Thats the only right way : )
#4 - halo
Some spr/mpr would be fine to see what happens.
As I understand, you have experiencing "oversteer" on curves
basically it happens when your set is not suited to you/track or
simply not good balanced or your corner entry speed is
higher than the normal.
But best thing is post a replay file here.
Try this set on tarmac. If the same thing happens again, you must been using handbrake instead of footbrake.
Attached files
XFG_Under!.set - 132 B - 935 views
Are you oversteering (screeching) on corner entry or corner exit?

If entry, how much, if at all, are you countersteering? (steering into the slide). How much brake are you using as you turn in? Is this for fast corners, or slow corners, or corners where you downshift or no shift? Where are you applying throttle? Where are you apexing (slow and fast corners)? Where is your turn in point, how is your steering input speed, are you using curbs or rumble strips?

Short answer: I need a replay.

Serious question, wheel or keyboard?
#7 - IDUI
I'm guessing the spots where you lose the rear is right as you're turning in and letting off the brakes into the turn after the longest straight, entry to the chicane following that and same spot in the downhill turn just before the bridge.

If my guess is correct then the remedy is simple, but may be not so easy: right after you're done with slowing the car in a straight line you will have to release the brake, this is where most lose it, it helps to be super smooth and to focus on the rear of the car, try to feel it.

You control it with [amount of steer input vs brake input] vs [velocity]. Most XFG/BL1(all tracks?) setups are very sensitive here. So if you can't manage to be smooth enough to keep the rear in check go a little bit slower on entry, it will feel VERY slow, but it's actually much faster( then losing the rear).
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Small setup change
Certainly for the more powerful cars, it may be advantageous to change from the Clutch Pack LSD to a Viscous LSD. It certainly helped while I was trying to get used to the FZT (is that what it is called?!) although I am still far from perfect.

Practice makes perfect though, and living by that mantra I need a lot lot more!!
Quote from whackablemole :certainly for the more powerful cars, it may be advantageous to change from the clutch pack lsd to a viscous lsd. It certainly helped while i was trying to get used to the fzt (is that what it is called?!) although i am still far from perfect.

Practice makes perfect though, and living by that mantra i need a lot lot more!!

fzr/fz5
thanks guys for your help
i'm using a g 25 wheel and pedals

i think i need to be more gentle / progressive with the gas pedal
its just tempting to floor the accelerator when in a race

i'll see how it goes and hope by being more smooth my lap time will get better
has anyone got a good steady setup ! just to get to 1.35 on the blackwood track

cheers keith
what car, i have a pretty good setup for the XFG, it oversteers a bit too much though
xfg blackwood setup

cheers
i will get that right to you it has quite a bot of oversteer, if it is too much you can loosen the back suspension, and increase the dampening, and if it is still there, you should change the locked diff to a clutch with high locking and torque
Attached files
XFG_grip.set - 132 B - 1076 views
cheers logitekg25
if cheers means thankyou from where you are from you are welcome!
and if not then...errrr....cheers!
Quote from logitekg25 :fzr/fz5

Close enough :P

I tried that car yesterday and started about 11th out of 22 cars. I made some steady improvement though and even managed to scrape a 4th place finish. I think it was the Aston course?! Not too sure though.
nice! do you mean the XFG or the fz5?
For that particular race he meant FZ5, i think, and his previous post was about how he changed the LSD to help him control the FZ5.
Quote from logitekg25 :nice! do you mean the XFG or the fz5?

It was the FZR actually, although even my change to the Limited Slip Diff still left it as a bit of a handful!

It is awesome though. I know I will probably never be the fastest because I am using the clutch and shifter on the Logitech G25 and I think it is too much for my meagre brain to handle!!

I am also struggling to get the setup right but I am making small changes every so often to try and increase rear end grip.

How can this game be so damn addictive?!?!
welcome to racing

try to loosen the rear suspension and put a little bit more dampening...can you ajust caster in the FZR? if so take away a little bit of angle, about half a degree, maybe a whole degree

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG