The online racing simulator
Photo albums?
(11 posts, started )
Photo albums?
Helloes,
I registered upto a different Forum the other day, which use's the same forum system as this place. VBulletin i believe?

Anywho, my suggestion is for us to be able to have our PhotoAlbums inside our profiles. This is what it looks like on the other forum.

As you can see, its the same layout as this place, exept the addition of photo albums. So, what do you guys think? Would it be a worthy addition? I personally think it would be good to show pictures of each others cars, pets, LFS moments or whatever we feel like putting up.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Nathan

Done a search for previous topics. Found nothing.

P.S, before anyone says. Yes, i am aware that we have individual threads like "post your cars" or "post your pets", but you could also add any other kinda photos that dont have there own threads.
well i like the ideo but i dont think they ll make it simply bekause if everyone has a album with nice big photos it would take too much "disk" space
Quote from John5200 :well i like the ideo but i dont think they ll make it simply bekause if everyone has a album with nice big photos it would take too much "disk" space

I lol'd

But seriously, I would like it, but it will never get implemented.
Bandwidth costs money, especially since we already have access to our own uploads (which are like a photo album but for loads of different file types). Seems a bit pointless if you ask me. Which you did by posting here. So nyah
"Frency0204 "
Virgin

What kind of forum is that?

Oh, and, nice idea, i think it would be a nice simple addition. I don't see why we don't already have it if both forums are VBulliten
Its a racing site, not photo album site. Also, it takes bandwith and who needs a lack of bandwith? If there would be, not sure.
#9 - halo
Good idea Nathan.
For bandwidth issues, everyone can upload few photos and photos limited to specified dimensions such as 800x600.
There are already tons of photos posted some topics so I think this idea make no big difference.
Quote from brandons48 :"Frency0204 "
Virgin

What kind of forum is that?

Oh, and, nice idea, i think it would be a nice simple addition. I don't see why we don't already have it if both forums are VBulliten

Hehe. Its just a little piece of text underneath my name. Because im new, it says "virgin" underneath my name. Once i reach a certain post count, i kid you not, it then says "WAHAY! I'VA LOST MAH VIRGINITAY!". Its kinda stupid to be honest.

Quote from hazaky :Its a racing site, not photo album site. Also, it takes bandwith and who needs a lack of bandwith? If there would be, not sure.

Racing site?
So i guess that all topics in the off topic section with pictures should be deleted huh? I guess any non-LFS related pictures that people have posted should be removed also, right?

I can understand that this forum is for LFS mainly, but alot of us, if not all of us, are car enthusiasts here. Gamers, hobbyists....whatever. I just think that the addition of small photo albums within our profiles would be cool.

Quote from halo :Good idea Nathan.
For bandwidth issues, everyone can upload few photos and photos limited to specified dimensions such as 800x600.
There are already tons of photos posted some topics so I think this idea make no big difference.

I agree. Restrictions on things like Image size and File size could be abit easier on the bandwidth.
#11 - Jakg
If forum pictures are unlimited (unlike Demo racers who have their uploads restricted), and the camera showoff thread exists I can't see bandwidth being a major concern for the devs.

It's be nice, but I think it's a bit pointless.

Photo albums?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG