The online racing simulator
G24 destroyed. >=]
(39 posts, started )
G24 destroyed. >=]
=== WARNING - THE IMAGES LINKED ARE LARGE IN RESOLUTION ===

Hey guys,

You all know how expensive the Logitech G25 is and how much we all want one. Well, here's what I did to mine...

http://www.focus-filmworks.co.uk/images/g25/after.jpg

So much fun.

Before you all panic, I did this because Logitech asked me to. I need a wheel replacement and I had to destroy it for that option to become available.

Doing this wasn't easy for me, I was quite upset... so, yeah. Thought I'd show you what I did.

This is what it looked like before...

http://www.focus-filmworks.co.uk/images/g25/before.jpg

Thanks,
Bev.

EDIT: Some of you are asking "why not just cut the wires?" well, excuse me for answering a question with a question, but... where's the fun in that?!

No, I did not vomit on it or shit on it. We had to put grass on it to put the fire out, and it was wet grass.

Finally, you can't use this to claim a new one, because the product code is my one. You could change it, but have fun trying to make it look like hand-writing.
you know you could have kept the shifter and pedals
You blurred it and covered it in sick?
I didn't get anything of what you said.
Looks like you puked on it then went away the whole summer and came back, puked on your camera, then took a picture.
Quote from Bob Smith :You blurred it and covered it in sick?

To tell the truth, that IS what it looks like. What have you actually done to it?
so u burned it??? ...
was it in warranty still? mines still in warranty and if it was to break then they asked me to destroy it i'd be like "no way"
Quote from trebor901 :was it in warranty still? mines still in warranty and if it was to break then they asked me to destroy it i'd be like "no way"

well then it would be no brand new wheel set
You do realize all you had to do was cut the cables, thats all they ask most of the time.
Some of the plastic looks like it's had a strong, concentrated acid poured on it.
Quote from Luke.S :well then it would be no brand new wheel set

Well no, if its broken and still in warranty then you're entitled to a new one. So they cant say no to giving you a new one if you say no to destroying it.
Quote from DragonCommando :You do realize all you had to do was cut the cables, thats all they ask most of the time.

Yea, My G15 LCD stopped working, I was asked to cut the wire for the keyboard and they would send a replcement, Well now I have two that work (1 with no LCD though)

Its not too hard to reconnect a few wires..

Depends whats wrong with it though obviously, but I was ok
did you burn it...what was wrong with it (come to think of it i want a new g25 myself
When they asked you if you have destroyed your wheel you cross your fingers, pucker up your bum hole and say...

....yes.

but obviously you don't destroy your wheel.
it's a bit like "did you just shit?"
"no i haven't"
but have
For all of you not-so-quick people...

If Logitech asks you to send a picture of your destroyed G25, just send these
i still want to know what to say to get myself a new g25 and i always wondered what they would say if i said i dont have a digital camera? and they probably have a database of pictures so they know they have no repeats
:homersimp mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... melty
you shat on it?
I dont get it, what is the thing ppl are doing. "Logitech asked me to destroy the current one so i can get the new one" ... WTF?!
haha when mine broke they sent me a replacement and told me to dispose of it all properly.

So I give it my uncle, we replaced the motors in the wheel with a couple motors that are used in electric RC cars and it was as good as new.
Quote from bevble4 :Doing this wasn't easy for me, I was quite upset... so, yeah. Thought I'd show you what I did.

It was enough if you cut one wire off probably .
Quote from Nobody92 :It was enough if you cut one wire off probably .

Nah. It aint enough for the people of Logitech. They wanna see destruction!
Quote from hazaky :I dont get it, what is the thing ppl are doing. "Logitech asked me to destroy the current one so i can get the new one" ... WTF?!

It's a warranty claim on a broken G25. Logitech require proof that you destroy your old one because it's cheaper than getting it shipped back and repaired.
cheaper, if that is true then logitech should lower their prices big time!!

G24 destroyed. >=]
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG