Closed since :
BBC
None
Both
ITV
BBC Or ITV?
What did you like most to broadcast F1?

I liked Itv most because they have a cooler axent
They gave better info and the commentators where better, I know Martin Brundle is still there but if he werent, i think i wouldn't watch BBC.
When Brundle does his grid walk he allways says: Good Stuff. I love him
*waits in hiding for Intrepid to come on with his Daily Mail style rantings at the inefficiency of a publicly funded TV broadcast company* :hide:
To be honest the presentation of formula 1 is pretty similar with track guides extra information, grid walks etc. BBC wins it though purely for no adverts
Imagine the top gear guys commentate an Formula one race .

Captain slow: I can drive better than that.
Clarkson: I bet Nelson is drunk. He is spinning of all the time.
Makes no difference to me, since I'm at band rehearsals on Sundays but I'd be BBC all the way. Do they drop the ads for the duration of the race or do you have to just go without big chunks of the race on ITV?

I'd also like to see Clarkson commentate the races
BBC, ITV had too many adverts and I just didn't like the whole setup of the show.
I went with BBC since I don't like ad breaks. No other reason.
I liked at itv, when they switch to the commentators and he says, Thank you steeeeve, Hello everybody.
He says that at EVERY race. :P awsome
#9 - Bean0
BBC - No adverts, proper theme tune, 'red button' & online extras.

@Dajmin, on ITV you missed big chunks of the race when the ads were on.
The adverts just broke up the tension, you would be building up to a potentially dramatic or at least mildly interesting part of the race and then have to sit through 3 minutes of adverts for toilet paper and Korean cars.
iPlayer: This little gem has allowed me to see two races I would have missed already.

No adverts: This little gem has allowed me to see all those incidents that ITV missed and pretended did not happen in order not to draw attention to how the ads where ruining the coverage.

No Steve Ryder: F'IN AWESOME

No James Allen: EVEN SMEGGING BETTER

Still Has Brundle: Since Murray Walker retired this guy is the saviour of commentary in F1 racing. If it wasnt for him i'd have switched off ages ago.

BBC wins it hands down. This season isnt even all that interesting and I still preffer the races to the ITV coverage.
BBC wins hands down

And not just because of BBC1 but the whole range, no adverts, better programmes and quite good fun to watch

I'm quite into watching Wallander (Swedish version) at the moment on BBC4 awesome prog... Oh and F1 without Ads - awesomeness, just wish BTCC was on BBC as well
BBC, no adverts, nuff said
BBC. Leggard isn't quite as annoying as Allen, no more Steve Ryder, free practice coverage, everything is streamed on the site and there's no adverts. Plus The Chain.
BBC all the way.
No James Allen
Far more comprehensive coverage (with the red button and better wesite )
No more of that twat James Allen.
No Adverts.
No James Allen.
#16 - 5haz
Auntie Beeb because she has iPlayer, the greatest invention since the wheel.

And I have yet to see ITV show anything that tops the likes of Life on Mars, Ashes To Ashes and Top Gear.

Runs before a certain someone bombs the place.
BBC all the way, much better than ITV. End of
Quote from 5haz :Life on Mars, Ashes To Ashes and Top Gear.

Not only that, you also have Torchwood, Dr Who, Two Pints of Lager and my favourite, Traffic Cops
#19 - 5haz
Mock The Week, Live At The Apollo... so on so forth.

And certain people were claiming the BBC only screens a tiny amount of good TV
Quote from 5haz :Mock The Week, Live At The Apollo... so on so forth.

Walking With Dinosaurs, Blue Planet, South Pacific, Coast...etc
Quote from Becky Rose :iPlayer: This little gem has allowed me to see two races I would have missed already.

No adverts: This little gem has allowed me to see all those incidents that ITV missed and pretended did not happen in order not to draw attention to how the ads where ruining the coverage.

No Steve Ryder: F'IN AWESOME

No James Allen: EVEN SMEGGING BETTER

Still Has Brundle: Since Murray Walker retired this guy is the saviour of commentary in F1 racing. If it wasnt for him i'd have switched off ages ago.

BBC wins it hands down. This season isnt even all that interesting and I still preffer the races to the ITV coverage.

It wins because the BBC gets free money!

The reason ITV can not produce as higher quality coverage is because the BBC has the monopoly in the market and thus means ITV are at a huige disadvantage.

What your morons can't see is the opportunity lost because of the way british TV works. You a bunch of idiots
Quote from Intrepid :
What your morons can't see is the opportunity lost because of the way british TV works. You a bunch of idiots

Fish?...
#23 - 5haz
They say that if you think everyone else is mad or idiotic, perhaps its you that is the mad or idiotic one, sometimes being different is not a good thing.

Quote from Intrepid :It wins because the BBC gets free money!

Sorry what? There is no such thing as free money. They say 'theres no such thing as a free lunch'; they're right.

Quote from Intrepid :The reason ITV can not produce as higher quality coverage is because the BBC has the monopoly in the market and thus means ITV are at a huige disadvantage.

A monopoly would mean they are the only television service in the UK (which used to be the case, but isn't now if you didn't know). And the reason BBC gets higher ratings is because it's better.

Why it matters so much to you is a mystery, are you invloved in ITV/C4/C5 in any way? Because you seem so determined to support them, it dosen't matter who is at a disadvantage or not, what matters is when the good shows are on, regardless of the channel (to me anyway).

I don't care if the BBC gets a guarenteed large supply of funding, all I care about is wether the Beeb shows me good Television on a Saturday night, and I think it's worth some of my (actually long suffering, tax paying parent's) money At least it goes into some good entertainment. They also say 'You only get what you pay for', and they're right again, you have to pay up for anything that is good quality, and that includes TV, free TV will always be inferior. If the Beeb was forced to gain its funds the same way as ITV, it would be crap too.
You got my thoughts back to getting a 4 meter satellite dish. :doh:
BBC all the way...

BBC Or ITV?
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG