The online racing simulator
Soundcard making extremely annoying noise!
I currently use a Asus Xonar D2X soundcard, I love it tbh, other than this one thing which seems to happen when I have games on in the background where a very high pitch noise comes out of the rear speakers in 4/5.1 mode and it becomes unbearable hearing this in the rear speakers of my headset.

With games like TF2 (source engine and stuff) it only happens when another sound comes on in the background over tf2/css etc (music/vent/suchandsuch)

But with games on different sound engines such as dawn of war 2 and WoW it just instantly comes on at full volume in the rear speakers unlike other games where the noise slowly builds up.

Usualy if I change the settings from pcm/spdif and uncheck a few boxes it resets the noise unless im on dawn of war 2 where it will just stay.

My make shift solution is keep the headset/soundcard in 5.1 and use the headset volume control to mute the rear speakers, but I dont want this soloution for gaming ofc.

Smart volume (Changes volume levels by making quieter things louder untill a louder thing comes in over the top making it turn down) also amplifies this noise.

The noise is picked up on the graphic equalizer aswell,

Any help?

Cheers, Jim.

Edit: Had a game on in the background and started some music, as soon as the music came on the noise started instantly and started to build up : \

I then turned the game off and whala, the noise went : \, this wouldnt bother me so much if it wasnt for vent and things causing it since the games where it just starts for no reason I dont realy need my rear suround to hear the dirty terrorist behind the door >_>
Attached images
noise.PNG
I had a similar kind of problem a few weeks ago, turned out that the mic and line in volumes were both turned up, causing strange feedback and unwanted noise, despite having no mic or anything plugged in.

I just muted them and it fixed it, im guessing it was just interference.
Try lowering the sample rate. 192kHz is fairly too much. Try 48kHz for example. Also, try to set it on stereo mode and stuff. If its not integrated, reseat the PCi card and stuff.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG