The online racing simulator
Quote from Mazink :so G25 are full of fail?

I only hear about: slack, doesn't pick up movement and become uncentered, strange noise, overheating of the FF motor, shifter broken

seriously, why would I buy a 300$ wheel if it is going to be broken a year later?

Everything breaks, even the fanatecs do the same.

The only problem i've experienced was my shifter, which has broken twice. Im now out of warranty so i might have to buy a new G25 (IF ANYONE IN THE UK HAS A G25 SHIFTER FOR SALE, PM ME PLEASE! ). Another problem i had was about a year ago. My clutch pedal was acting irratic. I was'nt pressing it, yet the bars in the game was going crazy and my clutch was engaging/disengaging. I gave the clutch pedal a good beating and its never done it since!
I never had any problems with G25.
i have had my g25 for over a year now and the only problems ever experienced is shifter popping out of gear maybe once a month.
No problems here, although I seldom use the shi(f)ter.
Just got my G25 today, and wow I'm impressed. After having a Driving Force Pro for the past 4-5 years, I couldn't believe how easy it is to turn the wheel haha. It's also MUCH more quiet. The pedals are extremely sturdy, but not the greatest grip on a hardwood floor; right now I have a shoe between the pedals and the wall to keep them planted. Other than that, everything is wonderful. The shifter does have the click, but doesn't have that loose sloppy feeling that some have reported; theres a fair amount of resistance. For now I'll be using the paddle shifts while racing online, but I've already been practicing heel-toe a lot along with the 6 speed H shifter. Quite cool once you get it right. So far so good.
Omg ... after 1,5 year my reverse gear is broken, it is detecting it as 6th gear... why the hell it has happened in summer holidays ;|.

Edit. And throttle is spiking a little... :|
What is the most realistic Force Feedback? I have a MOMO.
Hello!

I have one PITA problem with my G25 or so to say with a software. I updated from 5.03 to 5.04 and now my control panel doestn respond. Whatever i set it doesnt do anything wheel stays at 200°. Does anybody have 5.03 driver, or do you think is wheel broken? OS: Win7 x64

PS: 5.02 doesnt even work it says there isnt anything plugged in (G25)
Im getting my one tomorrow Im so excited.
Quote from MihAE :Hello!

I have one PITA problem with my G25 or so to say with a software. I updated from 5.03 to 5.04 and now my control panel doestn respond. Whatever i set it doesnt do anything wheel stays at 200°. Does anybody have 5.03 driver, or do you think is wheel broken? OS: Win7 x64

PS: 5.02 doesnt even work it says there isnt anything plugged in (G25)

Have to tried re-downloading it from the logitech website? Maybe there was an error in the update.

http://www.logitech.com/index. ... en?WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd
just got news my gt3 rs is on its way how much is a g25 worth used now its like new no real problems
Well I finally bit the bullet, and got the G25.

But it looks like I have defective wheel... after few minutes of playing the wheel becomes off-centered and a soft-stop appears at the right lock about 15 degrees before the hard-stop. Pull the usb-plug and re-attach, and it's fixed...

This happens on two computers, one XP x32 and one W7 x64. WTH, the wheel's firmware is hosed or what could be causing this? The clrcalib from wingmanteam's site doesn't help, it just says no calibration data.. if I don't tweak the problem away with dxtweak.
I have the same problem, wheel is new. Also drifts from the center. The more you play and turn fast, center moves in that direction.
Quote from ru7 [SLO] :I have the same problem, wheel is new. Also drifts from the center. The more you play and turn fast, center moves in that direction.

Quote from Krane :Well I finally bit the bullet, and got the G25.

But it looks like I have defective wheel... after few minutes of playing the wheel becomes off-centered and a soft-stop appears at the right lock about 15 degrees before the hard-stop. Pull the usb-plug and re-attach, and it's fixed...

This happens on two computers, one XP x32 and one W7 x64. WTH, the wheel's firmware is hosed or what could be causing this? The clrcalib from wingmanteam's site doesn't help, it just says no calibration data.. if I don't tweak the problem away with dxtweak.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1045090#post1045090

Try to get an RMA if you can. Opening will void warranty.
Quote from MijnWraak :Try to get an RMA if you can.

"If you can..." It isn't going very well, looks they are giving me the runaround. And here was me reading people's posts and getting the impression that they are painless to deal with regarding RMAs.

ed. too fast jump to conclusions, they've told a new wheel is on its way
In my experience they are really great for RMA's. I had an issue with both my Momo and G25, and they had a new wheel to me in a few weeks.

Shitty luck that they're being cocks to you in Saunaland.

welp, what do i do now?
Got mine 2 days ago and already done 2 mods to it

More resistance for the shifter and placed the brake pedal a bit higher
Desk thickness?
Hi everyone! First post here, though I've been reading for some time - you seem like a really helpful bunch! Simple question, didn't think it warranted a new thread...

After some searching, I found that the clamps on the G25 wheel will support a desk width of up to 50mm, but my desk is exactly 50mm and I'm worried that it might be marginally too thick.

Would someone who owns one be kind enough to have a look and let me know if you think a G25 would fit for me (or does anyone know)?

Thanks!
Will.

EDIT - this is how close it is to the max:
Quote from soperhero :Hi everyone! First post here, though I've been reading for some time - you seem like a really helpful bunch! Simple question, didn't think it warranted a new thread...

After some searching, I found that the clamps on the G25 wheel will support a desk width of up to 50mm, but my desk is exactly 50mm and I'm worried that it might be marginally too thick.

Would someone who owns one be kind enough to have a look and let me know if you think a G25 would fit for me (or does anyone know)?

Thanks!
Will.

EDIT - this is how close it is to the max:

Just measured and it SHOULD be able to fit. Might be a tight squeeze, but yeah it should be fine
Quote from MijnWraak :Just measured and it SHOULD be able to fit. Might be a tight squeeze, but yeah it should be fine

Thanks - I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

I guess I'll just have to order one and see! I suppose if all else fails I could always mount it on to some cheap wood and clamp that to the desk instead...

Thanks again.
Quote from soperhero :Thanks - I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

I guess I'll just have to order one and see! I suppose if all else fails I could always mount it on to some cheap wood and clamp that to the desk instead...

Thanks again.

NP. If you can find a g27 I'd recommend buying that over a new g25 though. It's more improved especially the wheel part itself.
Quote from MijnWraak :NP. If you can find a g27 I'd recommend buying that over a new g25 though. It's more improved especially the wheel part itself.

I'd love one, I've read that the FFB is much smoother, but unfortunately they're three times the price!

I can get the G25 for £110, but the G27 is more like £350! I just can't justify the extra at the minute… especially as I need to get an S2 license as well!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG