The online racing simulator
possible to use mouse AND gamepad?
i am disabled mouse driver, and would like a way to make 2 extra buttons controlled with mouth. i HAVE to use both hands on my trackball, but need 2 buttons to shift.

thought about cutting off a mouse & using just the buttons. but it wont recognize two diff mice clicks. what about using just buttons from a gamepad? will lfs let me drive mouse but allow gamepad function at same time? or would i have to wire into kb keys?
thx!
All mouse buttons and both axes are still available with a gamepad (or wheel/joystick/etc.) as primary input device, all you have to do is re-assign them after switching to gamepad.
  1. Make sure your gamepad is installed correctly.
  2. Start LFS.
  3. Go to the "Controls" section in the options.
  4. Select "wheel / joystick" (second button from the top).
  5. Click the "Axes / FF" button.
  6. Click "Steer".
  7. Click "Mouse X".
That should do it

You may have to re-assign the other controls ("Buttons 1", "Buttons 2") as well, but I hope that's self-explanatory.
sounds simple enough, thx! 1 more ?
wats the best controler to get? keep in mind ill only be using buttons on it. thx again.
Tough question... If you're going to take it apart, a joystick is probably the better choice as they usually have more flexible wiring than gamepads. How exactly would you operate the buttons?
OIC.
im thinking about some type of thin button, then make my own or use a football mouth piece, and encase the buttons in the rubber. basically it HAS to be something controlled by my mouth, and sip & puff products are expensive.
If you can do the soldering work or got someone to do it for you, I'd suggest you build the mouthpiece from scratch and use the joystick simply as USB interface, without using it's internals for the actual mouthpiece.
So I guess you should just get the cheapest USB joystick you can find
My thoughts exactly. thx m8!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG