The online racing simulator
Return of the legend
(208 posts, started )
Thats awesome Cant wait too see that.
Under the rules, he won't be able to do any testing until first practice of Valencia weekend.

He's never driven the Valencia circuit ever, so how does he prepare for it in one day before qualifying? I heard Button saying it only takes a few laps to get to know the track?

This can't be true though can it? Takes me about 300 laps!
:laola:Schumacher:laola:
Cometh the moment, cometh the chin
Quote from petercollins :Under the rules, he won't be able to do any testing until first practice of Valencia weekend.

He's never driven the Valencia circuit ever, so how does he prepare for it in one day before qualifying? I heard Button saying it only takes a few laps to get to know the track?

Schumacher will probably be driving the F2008 on slicks with 2009 aero levels to get back up to speed. Only difference is the KERS system, the guy is a 7 time champion, it won't take him long. What Button said about learning the track is probably true, these guys have years of racing experience.
Quote from petercollins :Under the rules, he won't be able to do any testing until first practice of Valencia weekend.

You are not an F1 driver
#32 - 5haz
Being a street circuit, even without the stupid testing ban, drivers don't get much time to learn the circuit at Valencia, so the playing field is relatively more level than at other circuits such as Barcalona.
Quote from 5haz :Being a street circuit, even without the stupid testing ban, drivers don't get much time to learn the circuit at Valencia, so the playing field is relatively more level than at other circuits such as Barcalona.

Simulator...
#34 - DeKo
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Simulator...

Indeed, no doubt every team will have a totally brilliant simulator to learn tracks on.
#35 - wild
Quote from DeKo :Indeed, no doubt every team will have a totally brilliant simulator to learn tracks on.

Indeed every team will have a 2 week break where the whole factory will be shut down in the next 4 weeks, Hence why I suggested we may see him in rFactor in the F60 driving around Valencia :P
This is gonna be interesting. especially when the Ferrari isn't the fastest which means he will be fighting mid-field

Even as a button fan, I'm so glad he is back. So jenson can kick his arse. (assume Brawn has fixed the car by Valencia )
Quote from petercollins :

Afterall this guy IS Michael Schumacher. and you aren't even a professional racing driver.

Ferrari said he will be doing some practice on the F2008 cars. probs with 2009 DF level and Slicks.
Quote from petercollins :He's never driven the Valencia circuit ever, so how does he prepare for it in one day before qualifying? I heard Button saying it only takes a few laps to get to know the track?

Ferrari has a simulator. Schumacher will be simming it up.

As for learning the track, I think Button meant learning which way the corners go. It would take more than a few laps to find the limits, but not 300! More like perhaps 20 laps to get a pretty good grasp of the track, and that's for "normal" drivers (just speaking for myself). F1 drivers could probably do with less.
In schumacher's first GP (1991 GP of Belgium) he couldn't do much testing for some reason... he took his bike back then and took some laps around the track... actually this is something he could do there every day^^

By the way: NEW RECORD: SIX GERMANS IN THE FORMULA ONE GRID!... hope this is not some bad fortune stuff about radical forces trying to overtake everything...
Quote from TexasLTU :I heard Fangio will replace Raikkonen for Valencia

Mansell for Nakajima?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I'm curious, he hasn't even tested for a long time. Hmm, we'll see. I don't care about positions, just beat Hamilton!!!!

He won't be aloud to drive a 2009 car, but as far as im aware there is nothing stopping him driving a 2008 car on slick tyres. It won't be the same but its better than coming in cold.
Quote from Zdenek CZE ::laola:Schumacher:laola:

+1335643243438643864038435433

cant wait to see him back !!!!!!!!!

i wanna go to valencia and buy tickets for the race... =D
omg i just realised.
If Alonso is allowed to race in Valencia, we will have FOUR champions on the grid in one race. when was the last time we have four champions on the grid?!
quite a long time ago.....
#44 - robt
1999 i believe.
Quote from el pibe :quite a long time ago.....

At least spell his name right in your sig
Quote :He's never driven the Valencia circuit ever, so how does he prepare for it in one day before qualifying? I heard Button saying it only takes a few laps to get to know the track?

A good driver will nail the track in about 8 laps, and only find small improvements thereafter.

For us megre mortals it takes a few visits to the drivers seat to nail a track, but Schumacher isnt mortal. He's the spawn of Satan.

I might even try to like him this time around.
Quote from JJ72 :It won't change a thing.

An odd race as a stand in for a injured driver will pretty much do nothing in changing his reputation, afterall he is Michael Schumacher.

It'll be a great highlight to the season, even if it's just one race.

Totally agree.. Schumacher is 40 (!) years old, and has been out of competition for 3 years now. On top of that, nowadays cars are quite different from the cars he used to drive... Obviously people expect a lot from a 7 time world champion, but in my opinion he would already deserve massive respect if he would be anywhere near Kimi's pace!

Quote from Becky Rose :I might even try to like him this time around.

Oh wow!

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Someone take a baseball bat to Kovalainens legs so that Mclaren get Mika back for the same race.

:ices_rofl
Unless he owns his own personal F2008 & support team, and/or his own personal F60 simulator, he's not going to be able to get any practise in. We're all packing up and going home for two weeks.
Quote from traxxion :Totally agree.. Schumacher is 40 (!) years old, and has been out of competition for 3 years now.

Maybe he got some inspiration from Armstrong in the Tour, you can't hide class after all.

Great to see Schuey back behind the wheel, although I am very surprised that he's agreed to do so.

Kimi must be bricking it

Return of the legend
(208 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG