The online racing simulator
J Villeneuve returns to F1 ?
(44 posts, started )
Quote from evilpimp :I remember it too! I WAS THERE!!!! Between T6 and 7, could see the cars coming out of 5 Was a good enough spot xD

You must have been soaked tea lol. I also remember the mass exodus after Villeneuve crashed lol. He really still has a lot of fans. He got a lot of Canadians into CASCAR
Quote from lizardfolk :You must have been soaked tea lol. I also remember the mass exodus after Villeneuve crashed lol. He really still has a lot of fans. He got a lot of Canadians into CASCAR

Yeh him and Carpentier had a lot of fans there that race. And no I wasn't soaked. We got there really early to watch the Canadian NASCAR race (which was a lot more interesting then the NASCAR race since it was more sprint-like and the leader crash right in front of me (litterally, I was at the fence and he hit the tire barriers in front of me ) on the last lap) so we had a good spot under a tree which was on a little hill too so it was a really good spot. Not soaked, good spot to watch the cars pass and well get it wrong. A couple of spins there and that crash was epic .
I like NASCAR at montreal. I wish sprint cup would go there. But hey, let's have montreal rain again
That rain race was funny, most Nascar drivers can't handle the rain..... hahahha funny.
Quote from lizardfolk :You must have been soaked tea lol. I also remember the mass exodus after Villeneuve crashed lol. He really still has a lot of fans. He got a lot of Canadians into CASCAR

Like the Brazilians. In mid-90's we just had Barrichello (on F1, of course) and we had to had some faith on him. The problem is the brazilian media is very mean sometimes, and bad, for losers. Today Barrichello in Brazil, is infortunately, a joke.

Quote from lizardfolk :I like NASCAR at montreal. I wish sprint cup would go there. But hey, let's have montreal rain again

I'm a NASCAR fan, by the way you might have realised that I'm kinda a newbie on motorsport, I guess you have to agree with me that a ALMS would fit better than Sprint Cup. That's atleast racional.
#31 - JJ72
The only outcome of a JV comeback will be nothing by proving his critics wrong to be honest, although I do like him as a personality.

He is simply not good enough to be given so many opportunities in F1.
Quote from JJ72 :The only outcome of a JV comeback will be nothing by proving his critics wrong to be honest, although I do like him as a personality.

He is simply not good enough to be given so many opportunities in F1.

Maybe if he stayed on Williams on 98... Dunno what was happening that time, I was too child that age.
Quote from BlueFlame :That rain race was funny, most Nascar drivers can't handle the rain..... hahahha funny.

Wtf you talking about?

Throughout that entire green flag session not a single NASCAR driver spun out.

In fact, the only car to crash out was Max Papis...PAPIS, a ChampCar/Rolex star. The only major incident was at the end when NASCAR should have called the race cause the entire track was a massive puddle (look at videos of the race. Not even F1 could have raced in that condition).

After a few laps, all, and I mean all of the NASCAR drivers kept their cool, raced cleanly and impressively. Also keep in mind that with a stock car....yes a 100000 ton stock car, in the rain is not easy to drive and most of the drivers there have never even seen a race in the rain.

The NASCAR drivers performed admirably imho. Sure, they got owned by Ambrose, Pruett, Villeneuve, Fellows and Carpentier. But these drivers have raced in the rain before and some of these guys are even better in the rain (JV, Pruett, Fellows).
Lol JV rammed someone in the back IIRC because his team didn't have wipers ready xD so he couldnt see a thing... :P
Quote from evilpimp :Lol JV rammed someone in the back IIRC because his team didn't have wipers ready xD so he couldnt see a thing... :P

Scott Pruett and Joey Logano had the same problem

NASCAR's inexperience with the rain showed that day, hopefully the same mistake wont occur again....BUT I'll be doing the rain dance at Montreal this year
Quote from lizardfolk :Scott Pruett and Joey Logano had the same problem

NASCAR's inexperience with the rain showed that day, hopefully the same mistake wont occur again....BUT I'll be doing the rain dance at Montreal this year

with the amount of rain we are getting over here this summer you won't even need to dance lol there's like a 80% chance of rain
Quote from Kazu2799 :with the amount of rain we are getting over here this summer you won't even need to dance lol there's like a 80% chance of rain

you guys took the rain that is supposed to be here on the west coast....

but one question, why does nascar send that truck with a jet engine everytime that the track is a little bit damp ?
Because they dont race in the rain... Now they do in some NASCAR series' on road courses so they have rain tires, they didn't before so it was all slicks... On oval it would be way too dangerous to race in the rain... Rain tires would get shredded in 2 secondes...
Quote from evilpimp :Because they dont race in the rain... Now they do in some NASCAR series' on road courses so they have rain tires, they didn't before so it was all slicks... On oval it would be way too dangerous to race in the rain... Rain tires would get shredded in 2 secondes...

Yeah, due to some flak that NASCAR has gotten for shortening or delaying races because of rain, NASCAR has opted to add in the option of using rain tires/wipers/rain lights on road courses.

This first got put into motion in Montreal last year.

Ovals? Forget it...it's dangerous enough without the rain...anyone remember the indy 500 rain fail? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T95GgQJnOdM

Yeah...i'd rather have a race delayed than watch that...
thats why ovals are not fun.... racing + rain = awesome to watch.... but its lame when they have to stop because of a little shower...
Quote from el pibe :thats why ovals are not fun.... racing + rain = awesome to watch.... but its lame when they have to stop because of a little shower...

are you stupid, oval with rain is not smart.
Quote from el pibe :thats why ovals are not fun.... racing + rain = awesome to watch.... but its lame when they have to stop because of a little shower...

Did you even watch that video I posted?....

How can anyone say THAT was fun....
Quote from lizardfolk :Did you even watch that video I posted?....

How can anyone say THAT was fun....

Thats cuz they were on slicks though, if they had rain tires it would've been cool. Problem is, rain tires would get destroyed in abouttttttttttttt 5 laps if they're lucky imo :P
Quote from evilpimp :Thats cuz they were on slicks though, if they had rain tires it would've been cool. Problem is, rain tires would get destroyed in abouttttttttttttt 5 laps if they're lucky imo :P

They were on slicks instead of real actual rain tires for a reason

J Villeneuve returns to F1 ?
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG