The online racing simulator
R/C Racing, who does?
(16 posts, started )
R/C Racing, who does?
After seeing a few comments about R/C racing here and there on the forum and some user names relating to r/c brands I thought I'd start a thread.

I'm chairman of a indoor club which races on carpet during the winter. During the summer I race outdoors, I'm quite lucky that I live about 50mins away from a big purpose built circuit. I try travel around Scotland racing in our regional series. I only race 1/10th 4wd touring cars, although might try my hand at 2wd offroad at some point.

Pictured is the car I've been racing the past couple of years, TC5 Factory Team, with 10.5 speed passion brushless motor and ESC.

Anyone else race these scaled down beasts?
Attached images
tc5.jpg
shell.jpg
racing.jpg
you have Greigs bulkheads on!!..

There is a good chance you saw them possibly on rctech or the ae forum?? (I'm Nick Priest on both forums)

Erm... I pit next to greig every week at racing and usually at his workshop where he makes them most days

I also race the Associated TC5r (the Schumacher mi4 is looking more and more tempting) and just won the local league @ www.marstonmcc.co.uk

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/priestymi2/100_3911.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/priestymi2/100_3912.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/priestymi2/100_3913.jpg

If you look closely at the shell it still has greigs name on it lol, he has given it to me as i've lent him pinions and a speed control for his pan car.

he is currently doing something very interesting for Andrew Robsons tc5 chassis which should hopefully improve it's lap times
Yea saw them on RC Tech and AE forums, also seen your name there too. Just got the bulkheads a few weeks back, haven't been able to put them through their paces yet though Chucked it down at my last race so was using my old faithful waterproofed TC3, can't afford to be blowing up my brushless stuff. They certainly improve the weight balance, mines almost perfect. Hopefully they will also stop me from grinding my motor away as well!!!

Congrats on the win! I'm having a bit of a torrid season outdoors at the moment. Best result this year was 10th in pro-stock at the Muchmore UK GP http://www.redrc.net/2009/06/g ... n-2009-mmukgp/#more-20048 Tend to be hoovering around 5th/6th in the A-final at my local club.

Been struggling with lack of initial braking since going brushless, got myself a spool to see if that helps any.
Anyone can run an RC vehicle around on the ground.....

Throw an RC vehicle in the air and try to keep it in the air, that takes skill!

Quote from mrodgers :Anyone can run an RC vehicle around on the ground.....

Throw an RC vehicle in the air and try to keep it in the air, that takes skill!

Getting an rc car round a track lap after lap consistently on the same line takes skill (not to mention a great irritation on the eyes). Tenth at the much more gp is good! Some good drivers in it! I did the first national at west london which just sucked, didn't get a run with out rain and by the time it dried up i'd failed to qualify anywher decent and ended up 2nd overall in the last but 1 final, lesson learn't for my next national.... Take gear to water proof the car!! lolthou
I race with my Serpent 720 most of the time.
Not alot of tracks that allow my faster cars
Well it's where i got my username from, I started with a 2nd hand TC3FT then got a new one when i wanted todo better, moved onto the tc4 but a couple of weeks later i quit.

I did it afew years back at club and national level, in my first year at national level i was in the b final almost every round, came 2nd overall in my championship in 27T, gave up because of the money i was spending to keep at the top level.
Used too be heavily into it. Had a

TA04
TL01 (the 360 machine)
TTo1
TB01 (the beast)

Lots of farken spare parts most of the cars had under 6 turn motors etc
Quote from MAD3.0LT :my friend used to race them he did it for years prick would never sell me one of his race cars

is it any wonder if thats what you think of him? also i doubt an experienced racer would sell a quick car to a noob & see it get trashed. Did you ever race?
Quote from Ssr_Nick :I did the first national at west london which just sucked, didn't get a run with out rain and by the time it dried up i'd failed to qualify anywher decent and ended up 2nd overall in the last but 1 final, lesson learn't for my next national.... Take gear to water proof the car!! lolthou

A few guys from up here have been doing the nationals, saw the pictures from west london! Didn't sound much better last round out at Cotswold.

I need to give my TC3 a good bit of TLC ready for the last few outdoor rounds with the way the weathers been!
i used to race 1/10th buggies indoors and 1/10th tc indoor on carpet, i got a tc4 ft not long after they were introduced
I race Kyosho Mini Z's from time to time, but not often enough to keep in practice. One race night is a huge learning curve for me, from going to one of the slowest qualifying glass to the top of the "average" driver. Mini Z's are also much cheaper to buy and maintain than 1/10 scale cars.
Get rid of the Mi3.5!!

Get an mi4!.. I drove one tonight and it is such an improvment over the 3.5..... when this league is over (or if I can find someone to buy my car and stuff) i'm buyin an mi4 myself... then i'm on the hunt for a schumacher team drive!
I don't own it that long and for my drifting, it's excellent. I use a Team Orion Vortex digital servo (14kg/0.09s). Spektrum DX3.0 radio, and for the long run a 8000Mah LiPo

R/C Racing, who does?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG