The online racing simulator
Advice for a Euro demo driver
(7 posts, started )
Hi, I'm thinking about getting an S2 license but have some Q's:

1. I see average online racers at peak time are 1,000. Half run the demo so only 500 are S1/2 users. There are few demo servers so those 500 demo racers are packed into populated servers making finding a popular server easy. I see there are a HUGE number of S2 servers so is it harder to find a good populated server (e.g. 9/12 racers not 2/12)

2. How is the European scene? Of those 500 racers I imagine some are American, some are Australasian and I've seen some Asian people on the forums, too.

3. Is it easy finding a beginners S2 European league?

Thanks!
Look attachment.

And that's 14:50, most racing occurs at 20:00-02:00 in mine time zone, I will make another screenshot at 23:00
Attached images
servers.jpg
1) A good populated server in LFS S2 is more like 32 people, not 12 !

Basically, your figure of 1000 at peak times isn't really correct. As I type this there are 813 people online, and this is hardly peak time. In the evening, UK time, there are usually a good handful servers that are completely full, with many others half to 2/3 full (15 to 20 people approx).

Right now, there are 2 virtually full cruise servers, and around 3 decently populated (20 - 30 people) race servers, with loads of other servers with numbers in the teens.

2) There is no shortage of European people here...

3) Yes, there are many leagues in LFS, most of which run at evening time for Europeans. There are several leagues aimed at beginners, including the LFS Beginners Cup (although nearly at the end of the current Season), and there is also the Absoloute Beginners' league, which caters for Demo racers.
Quote from jelston :Hi, I'm thinking about getting an S2 license but have some Q's:

1. I see average online racers at peak time are 1,000. Half run the demo so only 500 are S1/2 users. There are few demo servers so those 500 demo racers are packed into populated servers making finding a popular server easy. I see there are a HUGE number of S2 servers so is it harder to find a good populated server (e.g. 9/12 racers not 2/12)

2. How is the European scene? Of those 500 racers I imagine some are American, some are Australasian and I've seen some Asian people on the forums, too.

3. Is it easy finding a beginners S2 European league?

Thanks!

1. There are some servers with over 20/32 drivers pretty much every day now, such as R2R GT2 Racing and [FM] Fox Junkies, so you'll find a place to race.

2. European scene is dominating LFS, you cant see more than few Australian/USA/Asian servers if at all.

3. Absolute-beginners.nl is the site you might want to visit if you want some beginners league (+ more experienced ones)
Excellent info, thanks guys!

S2 licensed!
Welcome !

It's not hard to find a beginner level league / server for you. I enjoy online racing these days though I live in GMT +6. 

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG