The online racing simulator
BMW withdrawing from F-1 after 2009 season
Personally it wouldn't be that smart.
If this is true, then it is exactly what Max wanted to prevent with his cost-cap.
Just goes to show that you can't make deals with manufacturers. Nor should you, ever.
Quote from TagForce :If this is true, then it is exactly what Max wanted to prevent with his cost-cap.
Just goes to show that you can't make deals with manufacturers. Nor should you, ever.

Not really, Honda stated financial reasons but also said the engine freeze was a main reason as well.
Quote :The invite to the press conference said it had been called because of 'current developments in motor sport.'

Give me a break... Just say it's too expensive for you and that you rather spend your money to save some jobs in the factory than throw it on Motorsport and everyone will at least see you point.

But this wording just makes you sound like a bunch whiners running back to mommy because they are not winning.
Quote from Mustafur :Not really, Honda stated financial reasons but also said the engine freeze was a main reason as well.

Honda wanted out, and was entitled to leave... Which is when Max proposed an agreement with the manufacturers to make sure they wouldn't leave.

The point was... In order to get the FIA to accept most of the FOTA's demands, the FOTA teams had to agree to commit themselves through 2012. There's a signed agreement. Which means absolutely nothing if BMW is now withdrawing. Which means they're simply unreliable and should be ignored in any decision making process, just as they ignore the agreements they themselves sign.

At least now it's clear why manufacturers themselves did not want to commit to 2012 in december resulting in the cost-cap war earlier this year. I fear it will now start all over again.
Murry Walker's Twitter:
Quote :Just received a telephone call from a moustachioed German, who's name I can not reveal. It's not good news. Keep an eye on the news tomorrow

:sadbanana

One of my favourite teams.
for me it's a good news

Lola, Lotus, Prodrive, Epsilon.. or some other team may take the free spots on the grid

and as a Pole I am happy that Kubica will be free to change a team, for a one that really understands what is F1 racing
BMW was a boring team imo anyway.
Le Mans, please
Quote from pandera :for me it's a good news

Lola, Lotus, Prodrive, Epsilon.. or some other team may take the free spots on the grid

and as a Pole I am happy that Kubica will be free to change a team, for a one that really understands what is F1 racing

I think Him and Rosberg will be going tooth and nail for that final Mclaren seat.

and Heidfeld

USF1 would be extremely intrested i would think then.
Yep, I though of that too. BMW might be going back to Prototypes

Anyway, it was kind of expected. Whenever Theissen had and interview, he would always mention he is still unsure about the future of BMW in F1 and that it might be a possability of stopping.

Kubica now needs a proper team. Would absolutely love to see him in Ferrari or Mclaren next year.
Quote from DevilDare :
Kubica now needs a proper team. Would absolutely love to see him in Ferrari or Mclaren next year.

Or USF1
Will be interesting to see if Kubica even stays with BMW till the end of the season.

Gonna look bad for Heidfeld, "he's getting too old for that shit" and is too quiet to promote himself for a good seat. He's more like a silent driver, getting the job done and noone notices. Not really a big PR guy.
O no, not in the McLaren! Every driver in McLaren will be class B driver for them. Lewis is just like son of McLaren and he will drive for them forever as 1st driver.

I would like too see Robert in a good team too, but it's hard to guess which one.
Right now I vote for RBR
It was on the news on tv a few seconds ago.. they said it's official now that BMW pulls back from F1 at the end of the season.
Quote from pasibrzuch :
I would like too see Robert in a good team too, but it's hard to guess which one.
Right now I vote for RBR

I thought RBR is full? Vettel + Webber.
good timing by webber to sign his contract extension last week

pity to see BMW go but no surprise, i posted a quote of a post of mine, from last oct, in the hungarian GP thread, i hate to say a told you so and wish i was wrong but the facts were there last year if you looked
there is roumor about BMW entering the DTM for now about 1 year. Last year there have been some economists saying, if BMW enters the DTM they would have a bigger image increase then from driving in Formula 1. I've heard that develloping a brand new Klasse 1 car (DTM) costs 20m Euro, and every further year ca. 5m. Their F1 project costed about 220m every year.
Quote from three_jump :I thought RBR is full? Vettel + Webber.

you can't get much better then it too really, plus they both work well together.
#23 - JJ72
Quote from Mustafur :BMW was a boring team imo anyway.

But I liked Sauber.

someone help them go independent again?
Quote from JJ72 :But I liked Sauber.

someone help them go independent again?

Maybe Mercedes.. like the good'ol days?
Quote from TFalke55 :there is roumor about BMW entering the DTM for now about 1 year. Last year there have been some economists saying, if BMW enters the DTM they would have a bigger image increase then from driving in Formula 1. I've heard that develloping a brand new Klasse 1 car (DTM) costs 20m Euro, and every further year ca. 5m. Their F1 project costed about 220m every year.

I think this is most likely what they would do. They wont enter LMS with a prototype because they already have a GT2 bmw in ALMS. Also BMW seems more like the sort of team that prefer to use motorsport for advertising their road cars, hence would do stuff like WTCC, GT, and now possibly DTM.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG