Bought the ASUS G71GX-RX05

Price as reviewed / Starting price $1,149.99
Processor 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8700
Memory6GB, 800MHz DDR2
Hard drive 500GB 5,400rpm
ChipsetMobile Intel P43 Express +ICH10
Graphics 1GB GDDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M
what do you mean "with quality" ?

it can play LFS alright, but i doubt you can turn on antialiasing and still get high FPS
meaning, running a SC course with 30 cars coming into turn one and still above 50fps
Uh, it will run if you put your settings on low you will probably land up with some good low 40 FPS (i'm guessing)

the graphics card is what's seriously killing it.
just go for a desktop with, decent ram, decent graphics, and atleast 250 GB of hard-drive, and a decent video card and you will be all set then get a laptop another time.
You don't need something insane like that Asus, don't buy from best buy, there stuff is STUPID expensive, check out Dells' outlet store of refurb and open box etc. stuff, I bet.. i KNOW you can find an amazing deal on a good laptop with good graphics for the right price.
u can try newegg i am getting my next gaming PC from them

here is a good desktop but u can get a better deal if u buy parts and put it togethere ur self http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16883229098

i got pretty closr to this pc in my cart and it was about 400 bucks if not less
Quote from XCNuse :You don't need something insane like that Asus, don't buy from best buy, there stuff is STUPID expensive, check out Dells' outlet store of refurb and open box etc. stuff, I bet.. i KNOW you can find an amazing deal on a good laptop with good graphics for the right price.

bought the asus

cant wait to see this thing run!!!!!!!!!1

Price as reviewed / Starting price $1,149.99
Processor 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8700
Memory6GB, 800MHz DDR2
Hard drive 500GB 5,400rpm
ChipsetMobile Intel P43 Express +ICH10
Graphics 1GB GDDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :u can try newegg i am getting my next gaming PC from them

here is a good desktop but u can get a better deal if u buy parts and put it togethere ur self http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16883229098

i got pretty closr to this pc in my cart and it was about 400 bucks if not less

reason why I dont want another desktop because I move between LCD tvs and monitors often. My racing cockpit is different from where I surf the web and such.
Well this laptop is a beast!!

LFS caps out at 100fps on everything as high as it goes.

Crysis plays flawless!

Only thing that sucks is the screen, bad viewing angles but since I use external monitors, its no biggie.

Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a sweet laptop that isn't too bad on the wallet.
screens
1200 dollar for a laptop? That's alot. My 900 dollar laptop can play that aswell, with a 9600m gt, lol.
Got a question...

When in windowed mode I max out at 100fps but in full screen its at 60fps.

Something with vertical sync, is this normal? Should I change anything or is this how its supposed to play?

What are the optimal settings, currently I have everything maxed out.
lol im opposite i get better fps when im in full screen instead of windowed
yea, no something.. you may have vsync enabled which may cause this, I think vsync gets turned off when in windowed mode, or vice versa... I don't know, you sure it's faster in windowed mode..?

Actually you know what it is.. is it refresh rate limiting causing this?
It probably is.

laptop screens have a refresh rate of 60hz so you can't 'technically' see anything above that.
Talking about fullsscreen or windowed. Is it a bug or not?

When im on native 1920x1080 - looks sexy and stuff. But if i go to windowed (same resolution) then the window scales to kinda 75% of my screen wich maybe loses some ingame pixels or something? I dont know, its not a problem for me since im always on fullscreen but its just interesting and i have no idea why it does liek that.
Quote from XCNuse :yea, no something.. you may have vsync enabled which may cause this, I think vsync gets turned off when in windowed mode, or vice versa... I don't know, you sure it's faster in windowed mode..?

Actually you know what it is.. is it refresh rate limiting causing this?
It probably is.

laptop screens have a refresh rate of 60hz so you can't 'technically' see anything above that.

how do i turn vsync off? should i try different settings? everything is maxed out.
I believe it's in the screen size panel, if not then it's in graphics.

Just know if you turn it off, you get screen ripping which.. looks similar to lower FPS.
i'm using ASUS N50vn with 9650GT

I have set a framerate limit of 40 fps (why would you need more?) and I have never, ever experienced any problems with LFS, res. 1440x900, but even on the HD TV set it was perfectly smooth with 4xAA, 8xAF and all other settings set to max
40 FPS is a bit low, 60 is the best, it's easy to see frame differences especially from 40-60, but from 60-100, it's .. visible, but not as much, 60 is the best median FPS, 40 is to jumpy for me..
Quote from XCNuse :40 FPS is a bit low, 60 is the best, it's easy to see frame differences especially from 40-60, but from 60-100, it's .. visible, but not as much, 60 is the best median FPS, 40 is to jumpy for me..

you should try 12-15 :rolleyes:
Been there done that, no thanks
I'm there. Right now.

Can my PC do better? All setting are as slow as possible and I get 10 fps is I'm lucky.
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 43.1 KB - 153 views
Nope, there is nothing you can do since your graphics card is integrated, it will never be able to run LFS by any means fast unless you try a crazy small resolution and..

basically there is nothing you can do.

This is why you never get integrated graphics period.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG