The online racing simulator
Good Photoshopper needed please
(7 posts, started )
Hi, I need some help on a logo I'm doing

I got the overall design done but unfortunately the image is a little....messy.

I tried and tried but it was a little out of my skill range to bring up the low res image into something sharp and clean

Can someone please sharpen and clean up this image for me? The words are fine, it's the car and the wavy skidmarks that's bothering me
Attached files
I-SCAR logo 2.psd - 236.6 KB - 261 views
Well for starters, you have half the car on those wing things in the background, second of all, the logo is TINY!

IMO you will be WAY better off getting out of photoshop and doing this in Illustrator, if you don't have illustrator then check out inkscape, it can do just about all the same stuff and it's free.

This way you have full control over the curves, the layers, etc. etc.

Plus you save it as vector curves so it isn't that big of a file when it's full size.

http://www.inkscape.org/

Good luck!

(at first it may be hard, but in the end it will totally be worth learning!)
I actually do have access to illustrator but I thought all i needed was photoshop.

Thanks for the tip XCNuse

Unfortunately I have a short deadline for that logo and I dont think I'll be able to learn illustrator in time (although I will get right to work to learning it so I wont need outside help again).

Can you or someone please fix that up for me?
I cleaned up the edges a little bit, but starting with such a small image is never going to turn out well if you want to make it bigger. Always start big and resize down to retain quality.

If you have to size up, in PS go Image>Size, and select "bicubic smoother best for enlargement" Go in very small steps up, not all at once.
Attached files
I-SCAR logo 2.psd - 233.6 KB - 226 views
Thanks very much titan
#6 - Ian.H
Don't know how big you want it.. but these are 627x204 recreated (rather quickly / roughly.. but could be worse) using Illustrator. One on a white background, the other a 24-bit transparent version.

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
i-scar_logo_00.png
i-scar_logo_00_trans.png
Ahhh...much cleaner thanks ian

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG