The online racing simulator
Simple-to-make cruise-option
(36 posts, started )
Quote from zeugnimod :Because that would be pretty stupid of them since it says: "LFS - Online Racing Simulator".

This is not just for cruisers, it's for those making AutoX layouts, those making trial/offroad layouts, those who want make their own configs of the available track area - I would have made AS Greenhorn config ages ago but can't, because of this limitation.
Quote from zeugnimod :Because that would be pretty stupid of them since it says: "LFS - Online Racing Simulator".

If you'd actually read the rest of my post, than just going and quoting one line of it and then posting your one liner... maybe you'd actually understand what I was getting at.

You're not funny, you never will be in my book... humor is poor nowadays.

Go read the rest of my post, then actually just commenting on more than just one point.

This is so banal already that I'm instantly getting bored when I read it more and more times. So because it is a racing insim people that use it for other types of activities can't have their own opinion? Imagine a racer opening a thread saying cruise is stupid - Would bring as much arguments as a thread from a cruiser saying racing is stupid. Now imagine a drifter saying that cruise is stupid? That would bring even more chaos, since racers will come in flaming both - drifters and cruisers and it will be an endless fight. When someone makes a suggestion then for the sake of the community - Don't look what the suggestion was made for... Just look at the suggestion itself and try to find some use of it in your favorite type of using the game.

And please stop with this "LFS - Online Racing Simulator". I mean, are we blind? I don't think so. I also believe that almost every LFS driver has seen the lfs logo so, please, if not stop repeating it then at least find another line that's not "this is a racing sim" either.

Why do you hate cruisers/drifters? They kill racing? No... They just increase the population in LFS. Looking on the other side if more cruisers buy this race sim then maybe this means that racers aren't doing much to keep the interest in racing. I'm not either a racer or a cruiser or a drifter or w/e. I actually like all sides of the game and I don't like it when some people are trying to be cool, just because they are proud of their taste? I'd say that's selfish. But that's just me.

...And I don't know why I keep on writing these posts, knowing that even if you read it you will either flame me or won't even remember this after 2mins... Maybe I'm hoping on a miracle. Or is it too much I want? I don't think so... A few saved "this is a racing sim" posts wouldn't cost you much. They would even save you time from endless and useless fights. Don't you think?
Quote from runeman :You're not funny, you never will be in my book... humor is poor nowadays.

I didn't intend to be.

Sorry for only quoting this sentence. If I felt the need to comment on any other sentence in your post I would have done so.

Quote from broken :So because it is a racing insim people that use it for other types of activities can't have their own opinion?

Of course they can, I never said otherwise. But wouldn't you agree that it would be pretty senseless to start a thread saying that "racing sucks" on a forum for a game/sim that is labeled "Online Racing Simulator"?

Quote from broken :Why do you hate cruisers/drifters?

I don't. What makes you think that I do? I actually don't HATE anyone.

Quote from broken :I actually like all sides of the game and I don't like it when some people are trying to be cool, just because they are proud of their taste?

I'm not "trying to be cool" and I'm not "proud of my taste".

Quote from broken :...And I don't know why I keep on writing these posts, knowing that even if you read it you will either flame me or won't even remember this after 2mins... Maybe I'm hoping on a miracle. Or is it too much I want? I don't think so... A few saved "this is a racing sim" posts wouldn't cost you much. They would even save you time from endless and useless fights. Don't you think?

Can you show me where I "flamed" anyone? Or the "endless and useless fights" I am involved in (besides this one now ). I'd like to think that I'm above having useless fights on an internet forum, tbh.
Actually everything after the 1st paragraph was overall speak. And I didn't use the word hate literally.

As for if it would be stupid from a cruiser to start a thread named "racing is stupid" or whatever name you want - Yes it will... If it would be senseless - Yes it will be. But doesn't the same mean for thread named "cruising sucks"? I would find it really senseless and stupid too. And in both threads I'd be against the OP, since all he would bring would be just more chaos in the forums(nothing new under the sun tho). Racers insulting cruisers is as stupid as cruisers insulting racers, because it is all a matter of taste.

I don't think that it's right to race and I don't think it's wrong to cruise. But I don't think otherwise either. I think that if you play a game and you like it you should get a + from other people playing that very same game, no matter if you play it in different ways. I would find it stupid from a cruiser to start cruising in a race server, yes! But what's the problem if there are servers designated specially for cruising?

Also from this suggestion, you looked at the thread name and maybe thought it's time to reproach once more that this is a racing sim, which makes me feel like you're telling the guy that this suggestion has to be rejected, because it's labeled for cruising(imo this takes the right of own opinion away from the OP). Think on the other side - Racers will be able to race on many different variations of the track, drifters can make longer routes with less objects. I find it good for the most of the community.

And I'm still -1 for this suggestion as other improvements have to be applied first, and definetly not, because "this is a racing sim".
Quote from zeugnimod :I didn't intend to be.

Sorry for only quoting this sentence. If I felt the need to comment on any other sentence in your post I would have done so.

Of course they can, I never said otherwise. But wouldn't you agree that it would be pretty senseless to start a thread saying that "racing sucks" on a forum for a game/sim that is labeled "Online Racing Simulator"?

I don't. What makes you think that I do? I actually don't HATE anyone.

I'm not "trying to be cool" and I'm not "proud of my taste".

Can you show me where I "flamed" anyone? Or the "endless and useless fights" I am involved in (besides this one now ). I'd like to think that I'm above having useless fights on an internet forum, tbh.

Quit acting like a cool slick guy, like you didn't do anything.

It doesn't make me wonder why you didn't quote anything else... Because you can't argue with any of them... you just pick apart the rest of the post until you can find something to argue and win about.

Don't you think it'd be stupid to bash other people that paid for the game? They bought the game, so it's their right to their opinion. If i'm correct? Cruising has been around for awhile now, what has it done to racing? Tell me if i'm wrong, but don't go do some silly one liner. Actually give me some proof then what someone said.
Quote from runeman :It doesn't make me wonder why you didn't quote anything else... Because you can't argue with any of them... you just pick apart the rest of the post until you can find something to argue and win about.

Wow, how wrong can you be?

I don't argue any longer than 2 or 3 posts with anyone. I'm on the internet to have "fun", not to get angry or worked up about some posts on a forum. If you think this is "acting like a cool slick guy", then so be it.

Quote from runeman :Don't you think it'd be stupid to bash other people that paid for the game?

It would be stupid in most cases, yes (except wreckers or otherwise abusive people). Therefore, I don't do it. Or have you seen me "bashing" anyone?

Quote from runeman :They bought the game, so it's their right to their opinion. If i'm correct?

You are very correct. Their right to their opinion just as much as my right to my opinion.

Quote from runeman :Cruising has been around for awhile now, what has it done to racing? Tell me if i'm wrong, but don't go do some silly one liner. Actually give me some proof then what someone said.

You must really think that I'm hating cruisers or something. I don't know how you came to that conclusion since I am definately not. I'm indifferent towards them. They can go cruising all day long. I'm just pointing out that in my opinion (which I am entitled to, as you said yourself), there shouldn't be made any "improvements" made specifically for cruising since LFS is a racing sim in the first place.
Well, I kind of got the gist that you hated cruising, and wanted to get it taken out of the game for good.

If I would've paid attention and read post #28 or #29(not sure which), I would've fully understood.

My apologies.
Quote from WheelMan_92 :Well, in my mind it's easy to make at least.
My ideas is to open the barriers on some tracks, to make more option for cruisers - turn left or right and stuff.

I know you dont regullarly(spelling?) make dedicated cruise-options, but i cant se why this will be to time-consuming - would be pure awesome on / for the cruise servers.

Quote from Krane :This is not just for cruisers, it's for those making AutoX layouts, those making trial/offroad layouts, those who want make their own configs of the available track area - I would have made AS Greenhorn config ages ago but can't, because of this limitation.

Quote from broken :[...]When someone makes a suggestion then for the sake of the community - Don't look what the suggestion was made for... Just look at the suggestion itself and try to find some use of it in your favorite type of using the game.[...]

Quote from zeugnimod :[...]I'm just pointing out that in my opinion (which I am entitled to, as you said yourself), there shouldn't be made any "improvements" made specifically for cruising since LFS is a racing sim in the first place.

Now there are a few sentences put together. And tell me if I'm wrong but in the most of your posts you say "it would be stupid from the cruisers" but never mention if it would be stupid for the racers. Just re-read this. I have nothing further to say. I can add more quotes to this post, tho, but if you go and read the thread again you will find out that some of us said that this suggestion will be good not only for the cruisers, but for almost all types of the game(or maybe even all? can't say)... And then in one of the last posts you say again "there shouldn't be made any "improvements" made specifically for cruising since LFS is a racing sim in the first place." Now I find that a little offensive to the OP, because you just don't stop repeating it over and over again. So then I was right in one of my posts... There is no use of typing all this, since it will be forgotten or it won't be read at all, and you just won't stop repeating the "is a racing sim" sentence. I mean, how hard could that be? Or is it? Is it that hard? You say that you don't come to "bash" people and in the next moment you throw the racing sim hammer. I don't know, seems a bit hypocritical to me.
Quote from WheelMan_92 :The why are there a cruise-optin in i.e. server setup? Seems like the devs are atleast to some point giving the cruise-comminuty a chance.

It's there so real racers can filter out the cruise servers, as everyone and their dog seems to run one.
back to the point *begins to get impatient* i think it would be a very good thing to work on (please dont bash me ) just not at the moment...we have been waiting on a few things from the already over-worked devs, and many people are getting impatient, including myself. i picture a time in the future where the devs will have time to post freely in the forum without getting harassed about a release; and be able to take in small suggestions like this one (kinda bigger than small now) and work out with the person who thought of it to perfect the idea. in order to get to that happy future we have to ease off with the suggestions, and even the minor bugs, and let them finish everything that is on their plate

Simple-to-make cruise-option
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG