Any dirt track racers/fans?
(43 posts, started )
Seein' if there's anybody out there.

I'm currently building a crate late model. Should be racing next season hopefully.

I'm designing the paint myself. Here's the first concept:

That looks pretty awesome..

Keep us updated on the build
Is that one of the Rfactor mods, Love those mods, kinda hard with a G25...feel like you're going to break the damn wheel playing those mods lol. But yeah, me and my dad go to dirt races every now and then (Virginia Motor Speedway). Pretty fun to watch.
Nevermind, i'm an idiot, didn't look at the URL..lol
That's so awesome! Maybe we'll see you in the top stock car ranks one day
Quote from hansonator69 :That's so awesome! Maybe we'll see you in the top stock car ranks one day

That's the dream.
in a few years, ill be lookin for yah on the speed channel
After a bit of a fight, we got the front suspension and the rest of the sheet metal off:

Looks like the chassis will need a lot of sanding (+maybe some new tubes on some spots).. before re-painting/powder coating
Yea, we're gonna have to get all the paint off before we powder coat it. The problem is the last owner didn't really take care of it.
^.^

Yeah.. the lack of maintainance shows.. but (i'm no expert..) the rust and stuff looks like it's only on the surface.. nothing some sanding/grinding can't fix
Yea it's mostly surface rust. Let me go get some pictures real quick. I'll show you the main problems.

EDIT: Here we go.

Crappy repair job by the previous owner...

Apparently a crash

Rust

More rust
Hope you can fix it mate. How old is the chassis?
I believe it is a 1989 chassis. We're gonna have to get a new front clip on it I'm pretty sure.

Got the rear end out today. Not a bad weekend.

R.I.P. Orange Jack Stand btw. He gave his life to hold up a falling car, and it didn't work.
Some news:

The late model has been put on the back burner due to cost, and sheer amount of work involved.

In other news, I just bought an IMCA modified from my brother, and have began work on that. It should be done A LOT faster. I'll get some pictures up ASAP.
cool

This is how the car looked when my brother raced it.
What size engines do you guys run in those?
We're probably going to use a Chevy 350.

Here's the engine bit from the rules:

Quote :24. ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS: Any American make steel engine block allowed. Aftermarket and OEM performance blocks allowed. Steel heads and oil pan only. Flat tappet cam/lifters and stud-mounted rocker arms only. No stud girdles. No mushroom lifters, lifter diameter and configuration must match OEM passenger block. OEM firing order cannot be changed. No crank triggers. All engines must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without alterations. Engine mounts cannot be removed or altered. Castings and fittings must not be changed. No machine work on outside of engine. All belt driven accessories must be on front of engine. ‘Wet’ sump oiling system only. External oil pumps go with engine if claimed.

Good luck on this, all the best!
Good luck, Justin.
Thanks guys.

I wonder if the devs would mind me popping a few of these on the car.
Hehe that would be cool, how many hp's do you have in the cars with the 350?
We're looking for around 400.

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG