The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Doing some oval races now as StableX tipped me to get up to SR3.0. I do enjoy oval racing but not on these little Legends lol

Oh wait, i'm gonna do 3 TT's, it's faster that way
Quote from Scrabby :Doing some oval races now as StableX tipped me to get up to SR3.0. I do enjoy oval racing but not on these little Legends lol

Oh wait, i'm gonna do 3 TT's, it's faster that way

TT's get less SR though..... you have to make sure your MPR is ready too. That means 4 races or 4 TT's in the oval for oval license. You then need 3.0 SR too
just did 2 TT's, now gonna do a race and after that a TT again. But i've allready did 1 race and TT a while ago
Wish i had money for a nice oval/stockcar
MPR is ready, now boost up my SR
Quote from Scrabby :
Wish i had money for a nice oval/stockcar

yeah, the Late Model is bloody good fun!

==============================

For the Pro series, Nolan Scott gets a mention. Interestingly, he's usually being written about in LFS right at the top of the show.... Here is whats written about the PRO series coming up:

Quote :It’s much the same story in oval racing where Joshua Guiher, Jeff Bottolfson, Zsolt Hamvas, Bryan Mooney, Tim Whalen and Nolan Scott occupy 245 through 250 in the ratings but can’t let down their guard for a moment as George Buhr, Pierre-Antoine Coipeault, Jeremy Huthinson, James McElhattan and Alvin Bailey have the top 250 in their sights and well within reach.

Let's hope Nolan can keep his place in the top 250 of the oval racing at iRacing and drive the PRO series..... good luck Nolan!

Who else from LFS is in the top 250 for road or oval?
The brake thing sounds interesting. I posted about the non-linear brake response on the iRacing forums a while ago, and it seems a lot of people hadn't noticed before. I got used to it eventually, but it's nice to be able to play around with it as we please.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that after this update they'll focus on transmission modeling besides finishing the Corvette and GT.
Quote from StableX :yeah, the Late Model is bloody good fun!

==============================

For the Pro series, Nolan Scott gets a mention. Interestingly, he's usually being written about in LFS right at the top of the show.... Here is whats written about the PRO series coming up:

Let's hope Nolan can keep his place in the top 250 of the oval racing at iRacing and drive the PRO series..... good luck Nolan!

I need to get him to race it more!

I'm in the top 150ish in oval, and hopefully going to be able to make it in road (close last time I checked). I hardly ever get a race in, that's mainly my problem.
Ricardo Machuca and Brian McDaniel are also in the top 250 in road, I believe. Jason Lisner is probably clawing his way back up. And of course there's Misko.
149th in Road, unfortunately it doesn't mean much as I'll never qualify for the DWC. I'm sure there are at least a few LFSers capable of top 50 though...
Quote from titanLS :I'm sure there are at least a few LFSers capable of top 50 though...

there's a big difference between being capable of and achieving it
Currently in for Pro Series on road racing side, should work on my SR to secure the spot though. It's just little tricky since Mazda is on Sebring this week which I have never driven before yesterday and I'm going off into fences way too frequently to join scored session.

Anyways, uploaded this week's hotlap for Mazda, 1:57.806 on Sebring International layout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3VuLS8Ynno
Interesting, I've been using short gears and can only manage a 1:58 flat... Might have to go experiment. Anyway, nice lap.
Longer gears are definately the way to go for races, it's probably very difficult to overtake with short ratios as you'll hit limiter so easily.
Quote from StableX :

I`m #118 in Road....and way down in oval...
Quote from Crommi :Longer gears are definately the way to go for races, it's probably very difficult to overtake with short ratios as you'll hit limiter so easily.

I can still pull on people down the back straight enough to make the inside pass into 17, but it takes quite a run out of 16. A tall 6th would definitely help...
Quote from StableX :that's awesome! Nice job mate!

Thats mostly because of my high SR..I think im only #23x in the iRating standings.. But anyway thx..

I have been ill for the past 6 weeks and has not done one single road race....I could maybe had been higher..but also a lot lower in the standings...
I noticed Viktor Szabo is 54th in the road rankings, not sure how much he still races LFS anymore.

Think I'm going to give iRacing a break for 3-6 months, it is a fantastic sim and the races I've had have been some of the best ever but I could probably do with the money right now. I will be back though for definite, it can only really get better.
*cough*

Quote from bbman :Michael Hohenauer aka huHu_

Don't know if he plays LfS anymore, but he was at our LfS meet a month ago...
Meh, Screw this. I'm not racing the Mazda again until it gets a proper differential.

I just had the worst race I've ever had on iracing.

grr. and that's only after I lost -110 irating when my computer crashed as I entered a race.
I'm roughly ~140th in the road rankings, I might grind my safety rating up to 4.99 A in order to reach the top 100, but I don't think it's really neccessary and I probably won't end up driving in the Pro series at all anyway
Quote from StableX :Who else from LFS is in the top 250 for road or oval?

I am 138 in road.
The lotus better be damn good to distract me from the no physics changes in the road cars
Really though this is probably the largest update yet...they really cranked out some serious work in 3 months.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG