The online racing simulator
Fail-Build. Spanish Eclipse "tuner"
(12 posts, started )
#1 - senn
#2 - BAMBO
I believe that is a repost. Found out about it a while back right here in the Off Topic section. Don't think I need to comment on it
#3 - TiJay
*thread goes wooosh over head* All I see is pictures of shiny engine parts. Am I missing something?
I didn't really get the thread, but those evo's on that website...:lovies3d:
#5 - 5haz
The point is the guy is making a complete bodge job of it, crudely filing down old worn out engine parts, he seems to think that just because something is shiny its in a usable condition, and that simply bolting a huge turbo onto a tired old engine is the road to 900hp.

He also makes a completely cack job of spray painting. He modfies things with absolutely no precision at all, its suprising the thing didn't blow up straight away.

The worst part is that hes completely serious.

T'is not the first time this thread has cropped up here.

Almost as stupid as the lad who filled his Hayabusa up with NOS energy drink thinking it was fuel additive.
#6 - amp88
Never seen the thread before...good for a laugh.

Quote from TiJay :*thread goes wooosh over head* All I see is pictures of shiny engine parts. Am I missing something?

Quote from Furiously-Fast :I didn't really get the thread

The reason it's quite funny is because a lot of the things this "tuner" is doing are either stupid or dangerous. Things like re-using engine internals that are in poor condition, drilling holes in flywheel, filing grooves in the cylinder head, painting the propshaft without protecting moving parts etc. What's worse than actually doing these things is trying to defend them in the face of logic and the fanboys on his own site saying the people pointing out his mistakes are jealous or ignorant.
Quote from TiJay :*thread goes wooosh over head* All I see is pictures of shiny engine parts. Am I missing something?

Yea.. his masterly at porting all the engine compartments and cutting 'sin lines' into the ports to 'increase flow'

and that wicked destroyed turbo!

And his hand welded clutch!

nothing will stop him NAO!
Wow, he's really made a bodge of that cylinder head.

It reminds me of a guy on PistonHeads.com, who thought that polishing the top of his pistons would give him extra HP. What he did'nt realise is that the burnt fuel would just build up again after a few miles, so it was incredibly pointless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSl5zSlZzpM

00:34! Listen to that baby run! It idle's smooth as silk!
Ah, i remember that thread, got to it via hondatech once. That clutch hackjob is bloody hilarious, and the way they bend the tubes and such was a bit crazy and technically bad. Didn't they even paint the cooling rips of a intercooler?
too much money, too much fail. at least there were no big explosions.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG