The online racing simulator
Lost connection to host
(9 posts, started )
#1 - FaToS
Lost connection to host
Hello,

I am new to LFS and just starting to race online. I mean trying to race online.
After 20 seconds I get disconnected with the announcement: Lost connection to host.

It has happened with several servers and I had a ping under 25ms with all of them. Spectating was not a problem though.

Any help?
#2 - chaa
maybe you were kicked from the servers^^
#3 - FaToS
That is very unlikely. Since I have this problem since the beginning.
#4 - FaToS
Anyone?
It seems it lags out.
I have tried everything I know.
Switched routers.
Firewall off
Forwarding ports
ping test works
tracetest works
I got the same problem , but I think that mine ISP sux. On other place with diffrent ISP nothing
Either your constantly being kicked/banned.

OR you internet sucks. I'm sorry but either way it's on your end.
Quote from FaToS :After 20 seconds I get disconnected with the announcement: Lost connection to host.

Is it the same when going to other servers?
Quote from lizardfolk :Either your constantly being kicked/banned.

OR you internet sucks. I'm sorry but either way it's on your end.

For me, mine Internet sucks at my home, but at friends its all normal.
I have this same problem, only it doesn't seem as frequent to me. I downloaded a bandwidth monitor to see when my internet is being used, and sometimes I would lose internet from my ISP for 0.5-1 second (sometimes up to 3 seconds). During that time the cars disappear for that one second, and then everything is back fine, and everyone can see you (and I can see them). The weird part is that LFS will still make you timeout as if you lost connection. I noticed sometimes I get "saved" and stay in the server when someone chats or pits, otherwise I lose connection from that server.

Could it be a problem with how the connection list is updated/refreshed (not even sure that makes sense)? I'm not a computer person myself, and wouldn't mind knowing why this happens.

Lost connection to host
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG