The online racing simulator
Simple-to-make cruise-option
(36 posts, started )
Well, in my mind it's easy to make at least.
My ideas is to open the barriers on some tracks, to make more option for cruisers - turn left or right and stuff.

I know you dont regullarly(spelling?) make dedicated cruise-options, but i cant se why this will be to time-consuming - would be pure awesome on / for the cruise servers.
Old suggestion is old. And stupid.
I tried searching, couldnt find anything.
This is a race sim...
The why are there a cruise-optin in i.e. server setup? Seems like the devs are atleast to some point giving the cruise-comminuty a chance.
Can not be done. Stop asking, start searching.
Well, I would like it

You can make track configurations on your own(for race/drift), and it would be good for the cruising community.

btw: the "this is a race simulator" is rather funny... so cars ar made PURELY for racing? NO, public transport, drifting, rally, dragracing, AND racing.
If the good "feal" of the cars draw more buyers(cruisers and drifters), so why kill good ideas?

LFS can be used for more than hardcore racing, you can accualy have FUN with it also :P
Apparently it was once on Scawen's to do list, but i have heard that it can't be done. What i would like to know is why? If you can create and render tracks from scratch, then what's to stop you from adding to those tracks in the same way?

it would be a nice feature, but i would want it to keep on the race track. I would actually hate to see a new city track added, so it doesn't feel too much like NFS. Although i think South City would be a nice track opened up. although a bit confusing. I think even if you could open up one track, it would have to be Aston, not too confusing and some good junctions.

Josh.
Wrong argument, Wolf. LFS has been designed as a racing simulator and so was its engine. Due to some limitation in the engine it is not possible to just remove barriers on track like SO without breaking things down.

LFS engine would have to be redesigned to allow support of such things. Scawen said that he would like to introduce such freedom (IIRC) at some point in the future, but I guess he has had more important things to do lately.

If you want some more info about this, please use the magic button as this has been discussed nearly as much as tuning in LFS
I think it was something to do with loading of track segments, it wouldn't be able to predict which route you were going to take, and it wouldn't be able to load both.
wtf is it with ''this is a race sim'' thing anyway? if lfs has high level of detail in physics, and people like it why exactly it wouldnt be possible for them to enjoy the physics the way they like it? if someone likes to go sideways just let him do it, if someone likes to cruise why wouldnt it be allowed for him to do? and why exactly devs wouldnt want to do it, it would probaply give them alot more licence purchases if theyd expand the abilities in cruising or drifting in this game
Quote from batteryy :wtf is it with ''this is a race sim'' thing anyway? if lfs has high level of detail in physics, and people like it why exactly it wouldnt be possible for them to enjoy the physics the way they like it? if someone likes to go sideways just let him do it, if someone likes to cruise why wouldnt it be allowed for him to do?

Because, as stated in similar threads before, just removing the barriers to allow free roam isn't possible with the current LFS engine. A racing simulator doesn't need free roam tracks - if the engine would be rewritten to allow multiple routes it would be of use only to cruise people. It would also take time from the actual race sim development.

That's the F-word with it.
Quote from Huru-aito :Because, as stated in similar threads before, just removing the barriers to allow free roam isn't possible with the current LFS engine. A racing simulator doesn't need free roam tracks - if the engine would be rewritten to allow multiple routes it would be of use only to cruise people. It would also take time from the actual race sim development.

That's the F-word with it.

but that hasnt nothing to do with it. i know the engine is limited and free roam isnt possible but it hasnt got anything to do with the fact that people can drift or cruise if they want. almoust everytime someone asks for something even related to drifting or cruising you will most likely see someone posting ''this is a race simulator''
Quote from batteryy :i know the engine is limited and free roam isnt possible but it hasnt got anything to do with the fact that people can drift or cruise if they want.

Suggesting improvements that cater only for cruising and/or drifting earns a "this is a race sim" reply, each and every time. Nothing stops people using the sim for whatever they like, no matter how perverted. But asking free roam tracks for a racing simulation is asking for the developers to use their time on something that in no way makes the simulation better for the original target audience.

I'd say it has everything to do with it.
So? For topic opener it is 2009 for him. Time is but a drop in the ocean.

It's like a parent telling children off for underage drinking when they were a drunk themself! I hate when hypocritical people try to make themself look cool.
Quote from JasonJ :Pot.Kettle.Black

How mature to post something when my english was worse, I was new here, Insim stuff like cruise servers were new etc, Good job.
Quote from Not Sure :Can not be done. Stop asking, start searching.

Yes it can. It just needs to be made possible.

Quote from Bose321 :How mature to post something when my english was worse, I was new here, Insim stuff like cruise servers were new etc, Good job.

Excuse me, where did he make any remarks to your english or your join date?
Quote from Bose321 :How mature to post something when my english was worse, I was new here, Insim stuff like cruise servers were new etc, Good job.

No, that has nothing to do with it. Nothing about you English skills, that doesn't worry me, nothing about inSim skills, everyone is learning all the time. You have missed my point. The saying goes,
Quote :It's like the pot calling the kettle black

Both are black in colour.

Once upon a time it's okay for YOU to ask stuff about cruise options yet now you are 'grown up' you are able to say simply, "this is race sim" type of comment just for the sake of it, when once you were in his shoes. My how you have 'grown'. Must be good to have graduated to the race-sim only club, or was that the iDrift club? ~.~

Look forward to you saying in few years that drifting also has no point in a race-sim.

And as for thread topic, no - there won't be open tracks for a while, if ever. Would be nice for some free roam play, but will most likely not happen because of the extra work involved to redevelop the graphics rendering engine and as some have pointed out, because the way the tracks are structured it's not possible to change easily. Focusing on opening up tracks would slow down progress towards important things like improved physics, damage and realism.

You probably have to wait until the time when users can build their own tracks and if that will be possible no-one yet is certain.
Quote from JasonJ :No, that has nothing to do with it. Nothing about you English skills, that doesn't worry me, nothing about inSim skills, everyone is learning all the time. You have missed my point. The saying goes,
Both are black in colour.

Once upon a time it's okay for YOU to ask stuff about cruise options yet now you are 'grown up' you are able to say simply, "this is race sim" type of comment just for the sake of it, when once you were in his shoes. My how you have 'grown'. Must be good to have graduated to the race-sim only club, or was that the iDrift club? ~.~

Look forward to you saying in few years that drifting also has no point in a race-sim.

And as for thread topic, no - there won't be open tracks for a while, if ever. Would be nice for some free roam play, but will most likely not happen because of the extra work involved to redevelop the graphics rendering engine and as some have pointed out, because the way the tracks are structured it's not possible to change easily. Focusing on opening up tracks would slow down progress towards important things like improved physics, damage and realism.

You probably have to wait until the time when users can build their own tracks and if that will be possible no-one yet is certain.

Thank you for a mature, educating, and to-the-point answer
I asked for something in lapper, not for some option added to the game. And you don't hear me asking for drift mods or whatever.
You're the enemy here JJ! So i'll just go along with the cruisers.

I'm not meaning to be rude or meaning to offend you Bose, but... Choose your words well, think before you speak.

If cruisers get what they want... who cares? it just adds more to the game and makes different types of gamers buy it... maybe they're not looking for a racing game... maybe a drifting game? maybe a cop and robber game?

What does that hurt in your game.... racing...? Whatever you choose to call it. I'd think the developers would have the right to add it or not. I just read alot of posts talking about cruising in a negative way. How come it seems that the cruisers(not many) seem to not really say much about racing in a negative way? Maybe they found cruising to be more fun.... so that makes them wrong for their view? What else does that make them, stupid, geeky, childish? Please tell me, i'd like to know.

My opinion is... yes... if it can be done.
Quote from runeman :How come it seems that the cruisers(not many) seem to not really say much about racing in a negative way?

Because that would be pretty stupid of them since it says: "LFS - Online Racing Simulator".
True you didn't request for those things. Ok yes, you asked for help, not a request. I was also targeting you yes, because imagine if when you did ask for help with lapper back then, you you would have found a response such as "This is race sim" just as helpful as your post was here.

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG