The online racing simulator
The Driver Check Thread
(16 posts, started )
The Driver Check Thread
Thought it'll be good to have a driver check thread for those who would like some specific information on a driver (or an obscure driver) that google or wikipedia might not be of help...So a thread where you can ask a question about any driver from any discipline of motorsports and, with the wide array of motorsport fans here, hopefully all inquiries will be answered

Now...on to the real reason why I created this thread

Before I go quoting everything, I would like to get a confirmation on Terry Labonte. NASCAR legend I believe.

Based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Labonte#Other_Series

Labonte has won the 12h of Sebring and 24h of Daytona. I searched the sebring and daytona endu wiki pages and could not find Terry's name. I also looked at the Rolex/ALMS sites but they weren't very helpful either.

This article also states that Terry has won these two prestigious endurance events: http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Terry:Labonte.htm

However, I find it pecular that I cant find the exact year that he won these two events nor could I find the car/team that he drove to win it.

Can someone help me out? Is this infomation bad?

Thxs,
Lizard

P.S. I'm a bit google retarded so plz forgive me
Can't tell you anything about Terry Labonte, but I always wondered about Jim Russell. I wanted to know more about the founder of my school but all I can find is one paragraph and a picture of one of his Lotus F3 cars from the early days, driven by Emerson Fittipaldi.

You know...there's an attachment feature for a reason
Very helpful tim. Thank you very much
No prob. For some reason I'm very google savvy.
Quote from MadCat360 :Can't tell you anything about Terry Labonte, but I always wondered about Jim Russell. I wanted to know more about the founder of my school but all I can find is one paragraph and a picture of one of his Lotus F3 cars from the early days, driven by Emerson Fittipaldi.

This seems to be what you are after: http://www.500race.org/Men/Russell.html
I have another request...

Now...I know that Formula 1 had a LOT of Japanese drivers. I also do know that F1 had only 2 non-Japanese asian drivers. Prince Bira (Thailand, 1950) and Alex Yoong (Malaysia, 2002).

I would like to know who was the most successful asian driver to date? Takuma Sato?
#9 - 5haz
Satoru Nakajima?

No, probrably Sato.
Sato is also the only Asian Driver to score a podium(USA 2004).

Edit: nope Aguri Suzuki was first.
Quote from lizardfolk :I have another request...

Now...I know that Formula 1 had a LOT of Japanese drivers. I also do know that F1 had only 2 non-Japanese asian drivers. Prince Bira (Thailand, 1950) and Alex Yoong (Malaysia, 2002).

You forgot Narain Karthikeyan. :P
Ironic that you quoted a thread that I've created long ago but forgot

Anyways, Nakajima, Sato and Suzuki never had any wins. Does this mean that an asian has never won before in the history of F1?
Quote from lizardfolk :Ironic that you quoted a thread that I've created long ago but forgot

Anyways, Nakajima, Sato and Suzuki never had any wins. Does this mean that an asian has never won before in the history of F1?

well, yes.

The Driver Check Thread
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG