The online racing simulator
Speakers talking to me
(36 posts, started )
Speakers talking to me
So today I bought my self Logitech X530 5.1 Surround sound speakers, a nice cheap set. Good sound. Recommend it by the way

The problem is, they are talking to me!

No kidding.....

At low volumes (or completely turned down) I can hear some men speaking, sounds like some kind of German radio station or something.

Never had this happen on old speakers.

Anyone know what the hell is happening and how to stop it from picking up random signals or whatever they are?
This is a Sign that your turning Mad.

Maybe turn off all TV's and Radio's in your house and check if its still picking the sounds up
#3 - Jakg
Seems a lot of Logitech speakers (X-530 too) have these issues. iirc it picks up French AM radio stations...
#4 - Migz
Probably picking up interference. I got this when i did a D.I.Y speaker thing a while ago.
Check all your cables, make sure they are all in properly.
Quote from Jakg :Seems a lot of Logitech speakers (X-530 too) have these issues. iirc it picks up French AM radio stations...

Uhm, messed up the name. X530 is the ones I have

Yeah, did some interning and found that quite a lot of people with these speakers have the same problem. No tips on how to fix it tho

Guess the volume will stay up all day and night then
I'm sure I've had this issue with my Koss headphones, no idea what to do about it except wrap them in alu foil..
On my old speakers which were just 2 a bit bigger than my surround sound ones i always used to pick up air traffic control frequency's so i could be listening to music then i get something like 'this is BA flight 21 requesting permission to climb to 30,000 feet.' And other things like that.
#8 - 5haz
I get a similar thing, except its through my guitar amplifier, buying some proper, insulated guitar leads solved the problem.
Although its creepy its just a amplifier related problem imo. we had it in our old flat too, some arabic radio tuned in sometimes, pretty creppy as a small child
Find some ferrite core/choke/bead things at an electronics store and put them on all cords going in and out of the sub. Logitech must have some really crummy designers...
I've heard of this with some Klipsch speakers too.
My logitech speakers do the same thing, it's quite creapy tbh...
I heard the police on the old 'walkaround' house phone at mum and dads place once, plus if the next door neighbours and me were both on the phone and in similar parts of the house at the same time we could have a kind of convo going on as the frequencies must have been the same, although the other person they were talking to couldn't hear me, just the neighbours, which was weird.

I used to have loads of fun with the girl who lived there with it when i knew she was there on her own, whereby i would hear their phone ring and then pick my phone up and shout 'Boooo!!!', so it was the first thing she heard when she picked it up, made her jump every single time lol

Being able to pick up air traffic and stuff, or even police is fairly cool, simply because you shouldn't be able to.
i think youre all under the influence of alien mind rays
get your own tinfoil hat for only 39.99€ now
that happend here 2 lol... only on low volume, getting russian opera or wtf it is :P logitech z240
Beware of the evil speaker! :hide:
found this on another forum
Quote :my stereo sometimes picks up police frequencys for no apparant reason lol
it does my head in one day ill hear them saying there on there way to my
house to arrest me for all my pirating so i can use it to make my escape
hehe

when i had my danelectro fab tone (ridiculously high gain fuzz distortion) i could pick up radio taxi, clear as day.
Glad other people get this, I thought I was going insane.

Friend of mine gets it on his amp too, he freaked out
I live under a flight path to Toronto's Pearson International Airport and I've never picked up signals on my Logitech speakers, ever :P You guys are all just nuts! :P
lolo, known problem for these speakers rma ftw
My realy old sound system used to pick that stuff up, I was playing a tape one day and hit stop and the music kept going, big :jawdrop: at that one

I stood there for a minute trying to figure out what it was and realized I was picking up the local radio station and the amp was playing that instead. The input switch was on tape, so there's no way the radio switched on.

It can happen on systems that arn't properly insulated or are realy sensitive.
it happends to me EVERYTYME that im on msn listening to some music, then i hit pause, and i hear creepy voices calling my name.... even if there is no one but me at home... i kinda freak out.... and when it happends to be some ppl at home, i say '' did someone call me '' and they all say no and look to me like if i was an r-tard
I suggest you to run, and run!

Speakers talking to me
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG