The online racing simulator
lunar facts
(82 posts, started )
lunar facts
just a thread to celebrate 40 years since we landed on it. just post a fact you know, AND NO SAYING IT WAS FAKE! i know i'm a day late. just deal with it.

the moon goes 2 inches farther away from earth every year.

The Apollo computers had less processing power than a cellphone.
*i watched the movie about apollo 13. i know it might be hard to belive, but i did it
#4 - J@tko
It's illegal to put a nuclear bomb on the Moon.
The moon is made of cheese. Nobody knows for certain what type (although there are plenty of opinions).
Quote from tristancliffe :The moon is made of cheese. Nobody knows for certain what type (although there are plenty of opinions).

I think you'll find if you watch a documentary called " A Grand Day Out", it proves that the moon is indeed not made of cheese.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I think you'll find if you watch a documentary called " A Grand Day Out", it proves that the moon is indeed not made of cheese.

what?:cry: cartoons never lie!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I think you'll find if you watch a documentary called " A Grand Day Out", it proves that the moon is indeed not made of cheese.

To the right honourable Mackie. I direct your attention to the Wikipedia article about the aforementioned documentary entitled "A Grand Day Out", where it is stated the Moon is in fact made of an unknown cheese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Grand_Day_Out

On a less formal note, I watched it not that long ago on Freeview, and found it bloody funny all over again. And from memory it confirmed the foodstuff based nature of Earth's companion
There was a show on TV yesterday about the conspiracy theories about us not actually landing on the moon and the reasons given were actually extremly believable... I'm not sure if I believe it anymore lol.
Quote from tristancliffe :To the right honourable Mackie. I direct your attention to the Wikipedia article about the aforementioned documentary entitled "A Grand Day Out", where it is stated the Moon is in fact made of an unknown cheese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Grand_Day_Out

On a less formal note, I watched it not that long ago on Freeview, and found it bloody funny all over again. And from memory it confirmed the foodstuff based nature of Earth's companion

I do believe that my sources got it wrong...I do offer my sincere humble apologies to the members of the house and board. A full investigation will be launched to determine who in fact leaked this false information into my hands, so far initial investigations are pointing to the obvious culprits of a confused mine and a suspiciously emptied bottle of Magners Cider. However we can not rule out sabotage by either the loony left nor the crazy right and I will not rest until my name is cleared of any wrong doing.

However I do believe that the moon currently holds 'weapons of mass destruction' which can be launched and aimed at earth within 45 minutes and as such I recommend a full invasion of 'The Moon'.......either that or they have some skis.
The Mythbusters episode on the moon landing was great. Proof, if proof was needed, that some common sense wins from the braindead almost religious 'conspiracists' (spelling!) out there.

It was quite a technological achievement considering they had to do things so accurately with not even a 80086 processor in there to do the math!
'moon walk one' is a documentery/film about the first man on the moon, the images of the saturn taking off are breatyh taking.

the first stage rockets ran for 2 minutes and 41 seconds
they were on the moon for 2 hours 30 minutes
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :The Mythbusters episode on the moon landing was great. Proof, if proof was needed, that some common sense wins from the braindead almost religious 'conspiracists' (spelling!) out there.

It was quite a technological achievement considering they had to do things so accurately with not even a 80086 processor in there to do the math!

Did you even see or read what the consipracy theories are??? The ones I saw on TV yesterday were actually really good. Stuff like shadows pointing in 2 different directions, the crosshairs or watever are on the camera yet in some pictures they're behind some objects (failed shoop), astraunauts being lit very well while being in the shadow of the little space thingy... It gets you thinking...
Quote from evilpimp :There was a show on TV yesterday about the conspiracy theories about us not actually landing on the moon and the reasons given were actually extremly believable... I'm not sure if I believe it anymore lol.

im watching that right now. also there was an UFO next to them once but they didnt tell because they didnt want that the flight command would cancel the flight. btw UFO is Undeinified flying object if someone didnt know so it doesnt mean life
I'm not going to believe all the crap people say about not langing on the moon, they should go studying and then come back with their stupid theories all busted. Those make me want to punch them in the face.
Quote from evilpimp : astraunauts being lit very well while being in the shadow of the little space thingy... It gets you thinking...

flash?
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :The Mythbusters episode on the moon landing was great. Proof, if proof was needed, that some common sense wins from the braindead almost religious 'conspiracists' (spelling!) out there.

Awesome episode
I can see the moon from my house.
Quote from anbiddulph :flash?

The camera didnt have a flash, the guy who made the camera was there talking on the show and even he couldn't explain all those things...
Most of the conspiracy videos are 'well done' in a way that you're easily thinking "hmm they could be right". Then you reach a point where you decide where you sit on the evolution ladder: one either goes shouting that everything including the sun is a government scam, or one scratches the chin and investigates things with reason... Easier is to watch the Mythbusters episode and they recreate the most commonly heard scenes and events that the conspiracy people put forward.

The result is the ever common human nature, we rather shout than go scientific about things.. The reflections etc, all perfectly reasonable..
Quote from evilpimp :Did you even see or read what the consipracy theories are???

And did you see the Mythbusters episode that the quote you post was refering to?

Shadows pointing in 2 different directions - Mythbusters showed how the geography of the surface made the shadows to appear that way. It did on their model as well.

Astronauts being well lit under the shadow of the craft - Mythbusters showed how the light reflected off the surface of the moon (their model's surface) and lit up the astronaut. Same concept of how you can be photographing into the sun/light source and photograph a subject that is lighted well with reflected light.

I don't know about the crosshairs thing.

lunar facts
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG