The online racing simulator
Why are my times so slow ?
(42 posts, started )
#27 - Jakg
hmmmmmmmm....... heres an odd an off-topic question, can they make an option that the auto ony changes UP manualy, and a button that overrides the auto (like hold for gear, you hold it and it stays in that gear)
thanks for the link!

Quote from AndroidXP :Leave the brake help on, it's kind of a primitive ABS that tries to prevent lockups. It might not be useful for wheel users, but for players with a limited input device like keyboard and mouse it is ok.

Also, locking rear wheels are bad bad bad! They make the car extremely unstable and unpredictable, without providing any benefit at all. To fix this, set the brake balance more forward (higher percentage - 75 to 80% seem to be quite common).

i've set it to 75% and they are still locking like i havent changed a thing(it was 70% before), why is that ?
Would be easier to answer with a replay.
Ok here is a replay of 2 laps
the brakes are 590 nm and balance - 75%
Attached files
Nimrod_BL1_XFG_13599.spr - 71.6 KB - 121 views
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :On a lot of the corners you seem to turn in too early (chicane both the right and left, second right at the end of the straight, last uphill left). I have the same problem sometimes. Because of this you're slow on the exit and lose time all the way up the next straight. Try concentrating more on the exit of the corner than the apex.

Edit: Regarding the brakes, I only saw you lock up at turn one, where you're braking over a crest so there's less weight on the wheels. I'd leave the braking force just high enough so you don't lock up with the pedal flat at the other corners on the circuit and practice threshold braking for turn one - anticipating the locked wheels as you go over the crest and braking less to account for it.

I tried turn in later but it doesn't do good:1.i miss the apex 2. i get oversteer because i need to turn the wheel more instantly..
so what should i do ?

and about the brakes its ok now
It could be that you've got your braces caught up with the footbrake. Hit the Esc key, tap the gauge, give it a quick once over with an oily rag and go around and try again... Don't forget you don't want full flaps when you're whizzing down the straight. That's only when you're coming into land and you reduce power and descend to 200 feet. Watch for crosswinds...oops....sorry...wrong site...
-
#33 - Vain
When I think I'm doing a corner wrong I try to enter it 10km/h too slow and try to exit it as good as possible. When I'm sure I found a very good line out of the corner I begin adjusting my corner-entry so that I loose as few time as possible while still being able to get the optimum exit.
Perhaps that'll help you too .

Vain
tried your setup out with my laptop mouse...1:35:43 and i could do 1:34 good setup i think...
Attached files
Taavi(EST)_BL1_XFG_13543.spr - 71.4 KB - 127 views
Try turning off "throttle cut on upshift" in the player options. It's hurting your 1st split a lot.
Well after some practice and 2 days without improving my times i broke my pb.. its now 1:35.08..
I lookedat my replays both from the inside and the outside of the car and really noticed i'm not looking far enough ahed and i still need to take some better lines as said here..

I've turn off the throttle cut on up shift , does it mean i need to shift up earlier now ?
No, just shift normal and stay on the throttle.
-
Ok thanks .. i'll keep practicing untill i'll get my low 34

btw, is it posibble to take lap no 5 for example from the replay apart and put it in a file of its own ?
Not with LFS itself, only with a movie editing program.
Quote from zeugnimod :Not with LFS itself, only with a movie editing program.

Ah ok .. i wanted to upload my hotlap time to lfsworld so i wanted only lap no 5 ...
-
Grats; but I see, you have brake help on.

You should turn it off, after some practice, you should be able to lower your pb even more.

Why are my times so slow ?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG